• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

I agree with 2&2. Hard to believe the Jags see this guy as on an All-Pro trajectory.

Donte is playing well enough to be resigned. Love his game this season

Same. We play a lot of nickel, so keeping all three is possible.

I agree with 2&2. Hard to believe the Jags see this guy as on an All-Pro trajectory.

He doesn't need to be an All-Pro. He needs to be better than Rashaan Melvin.

Same. We play a lot of nickel, so keeping all three is possible.

He doesn't need to be an All-Pro. He needs to be better than Rashaan Melvin.

He was a first round draft pick 18 months ago. The Jags needed him to be a lot better than Rashaan Melvin. Actually, they also really needed him to be a lot better than Dan Arnold.

Henderson started for the Jags Weeks 1 and 2. He was inactive yesterday with a groin injury.
https://www.jaguars.com/news/in-and-out-henderson-herndon-out

Here's a preseason article talking about trade speculation.
https://blackandteal.com/2021/09/04/jacksonville-jaguars-henderson-thomas/

There’s no doubt this has been a hectic offseason for Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback C.J. Henderson. Nobody would blame you if you couldn’t keep track of everything he’s gone through. In the end, the Florida product had an outstanding preseason and is ready to pick up where he left off in his rookie campaign. That’s why trading him wouldn’t make much sense. Still, Kristopher Knox of Bleacher Report recently explored the possibility.
Knox drew up a list of bold trade predictions before the start of the 2021 regular season. He believes the Jags should trade Henderson for New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas. He thinks that the three-time Pro Bowl nod would give rookie Trevor Lawrence a premier target in the passing game. Knox adds that head coach Urban Meyer’s and Thoma’s Ohio State connection would help them “form a good working relationship” in Jacksonville.

[h=2]The Jacksonville Jaguars have a starting cornerback in C.J. Henderson.[/h]Henderson experienced growing pains in his rookie season but he also showed promise. Urban Meyer described him as a talented young man earlier this year. However, his status for the regulars season wasn’t certain after a myriad of circumstances. He was placed on the COVID-19/Reserve list and missed a good chunk of training camp. Then, a report came out about him possibly being available via trade.
Jaguars assistant head coach Charlie Strong said the team wanted to help Henderson and added that the sophomore cornerback made the team better. The ninth overall pick in the 2020 draft repaid the Jags trust and quickly made up for the time he lost in the offseason. He had an outstanding offseason, which earned him the third-highest Pro Football Focus coverage grade of the preseason.

Imagine speculating that you'd get Michael Thomas in a trade and getting Dan Arnold.

Dan Arnold and what looks like a low 3rd round pick. It would be hard for this not to be a steal. We're going to give up what could be a low 3rd and get one of the top picks of the 5th round. The Jags may move up no more than 60 or so picks whereas the gap between a high 3rd and low 5th is up to 120 picks.

The Michael Thomas trade talk shows that the Jags fans highly valued him but he's still been on the trading block.

Henderson has been on the trade block for awhile. It was a surprise that he made it to the 53 man roster.

The Jags are desperate for TE help and I’m sure glad to be rid of Henderson. I get the impression that he and Urban did not get along.

Clearly this guy is a complete headcase. Otherwise, this would be pretty much the same as if, exactly one year from today, the Panthers trade oft-injured, prior year #8 pick and local product Jaycee Horn and a 5th round pick for Dan Arnold and a 3rd round pick. The fanbase would collectively lose its shit.

And we're talking about someone apparently being too crazy for Urban Fucking Meyer. The proud mentor of Aaron Hernandez and head warden at both the Florida Penitentiary at Gainesville and Ohio State Correctional Facility. I'm excited to see what sort of lunatic is being brought in here.

Clearly this guy is a complete headcase. Otherwise, this would be pretty much the same as if, exactly one year from today, the Panthers trade oft-injured, prior year #8 pick and local product Jaycee Horn and a 5th round pick for Dan Arnold and a 3rd round pick. The fanbase would collectively lose its shit.

And we're talking about someone apparently being too crazy for Urban Fucking Meyer. The proud mentor of Aaron Hernandez and head warden at both the Florida Penitentiary at Gainesville and Ohio State Correctional Facility. I'm excited to see what sort of lunatic is being brought in here.

ok.... or Meyer is a dumbass and the Jags have no idea what they're doing, and the Panthers took advantage

ok.... or Meyer is a dumbass and the Jags have no idea what they're doing, and the Panthers took advantage

I'll take door #2 for the win buckets as Meyer's clearly is not cut out for the NFL between the Tebow fiasco and what is a complete disaster they now have on the field. Meyer's better get out soon before he has another heartattack.

fitterer is a pretty pretty good GM so far

Yep. So far he's spent a lot of 2021 and 2022 draft capital to be good this year. It's a smart plan to max out CMCs window and benefit from having top players (DJ and the defensive studs) on rookie deals.

I'm going to read more about Henderson throughout the day. From what I've seen so far, he struggled as a rookie, got injured, had some promise, but clashed with Meyer. I'm also for getting promising players out of bad situations and optimizing their talent.

This I put zero stock in the Jags ability to access talent at any level.

Plus if Henderson is even a CB2 level guy we just fleeced them on the trade. Cornerbacks take awhile to develop, I think this could be a fucking fantastic trade.

saw that we liked him in the draft last year, but favored Brown more. but we would've taken him.

This I put zero stock in the Jags ability to access talent at any level.

Plus if Henderson is even a CB2 level guy we just fleeced them on the trade. Cornerbacks take awhile to develop, I think this could be a fucking fantastic trade.

You're right they haven't had much access to talent in recent years. But can they assess talent?

On top of all that, apparently the Jags are on the hook for all the guaranteed money so the next three years the Panthers would only owe Henderson $1M, $2M, and $3M.

Back