• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

The Vikings aren't playing terribly. Cousins is playing the best football of his career. That will be a tough one.

This game against Dallas feels like we're playing with house money. I expect us to lose, and I'm not that worried about it. If we see them again in the playoffs with healthy CMC and even Horn back and healthy, I like our chances. This is the toughest game on the schedule for a while.

Agreed, especially with the Cowboys coming off a strong showing against the Eagles (who don't look that much better than the Texans to be honest).

The Vikings aren't playing terribly. Cousins is playing the best football of his career. That will be a tough one.

Yeah. I think one thing that fueled the Panthers buzz on Friday was people looking ahead in the schedule and saying "the Panthers should get to 6-2" with wins over the Eagles, Falcons, and Giants and losses at the Cowboys and vs. the Vikings. I think talking heads may look a week further to the Pats and say 7-2. Even after that, shit gets real at the Cardinals but not too real.

I mean the cowboys are a known inconsistent team so catching them after a great performance is probably pretty good.

We are totally playing with house money as this would be a circled loss even with a really good record

I'm kind of excited to see how Chuba plays this weekend with a full week of prep as the starter. If it speeds up his development and we have a legit 2nd RB, it could prove highly beneficial later in the year.

We knew the first 5 games were the easy part of the schedule, and so it is. The real tests will be games after.

Cowboys are on a short week after a hugely-emotional home opener (Dak's return to Dallas, HOF honorees) against a division opponent, and are ripe for a letdown. It sucks CMC is out, but we have an extra three days of rest, and I'd expect a victory.

This game against Dallas feels like we're playing with house money. I expect us to lose, and I'm not that worried about it. If we see them again in the playoffs with healthy CMC and even Horn back and healthy, I like our chances. This is the toughest game on the schedule for a while.

We beat the cowboys, I feel like we have a good shot at starting 8-0 or 7-1. Our schedule is a dumpster fire.

We beat the cowboys, I feel like we have a good shot at starting 8-0 or 7-1. Our schedule is a dumpster fire.

We beat the cowboys but only if you’re in prime form. I need you banned from Jerryworld by 12:15 Central

well vegas has the cowboys as 4.5 favorites this week

It's not July until the ESPN talking heads are talking about Dallas as a SB contender. I was down on them before the season started because I thought their D would continue to suck. But they've been impressive thus far, and with the WTF defense not being up to par, they should win that division easily. So yeah, this is a tough game. That said, I think there is a national bias in their favor that tends to skew their lines by a point or 2. It should be a 3 or 3.5 line.

He could mentor Henderson, Horn, and Jackson. Chinn too. The secondary is really young. This could be the new Legend of Boom. Of course, Fit helped build that young elite defensive unit as well.

Maybe they could be the Spider-Friends? No idea.

Is Sherman even ok? That last episode with him was odd at best. I guess there are no legal troubles?

What's going on between Darnold and Anderson?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/look-off-between-sam-darnold-100000778.html

Seems to me that Darnold is deathly afraid of throwing an interception and checking down or overthrowing Anderson (erroring on the side of an incompletion than an interception). Given his reputation and role as game manager, I can't really blame him; but as a Robbie Anderson owner in fantasy, I'm frustrated.

Back