• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - OL or bust

I guess if you need a guy to get people to build brand loyalty to a shitty domestic product, that’s the way to go.

All of a sudden, this went from a TD game to 41-17.

Last edited:
How much profit from a player transaction does a guy worth $16 billion need?

Of course his supporters would say, people with his kind of aggressive profit-seeking attitude are the ones who end up with $16 billion. He probably knows no other way.

Of course, that’s not the way it works if the goal is to win games. That’s something I think billionaire owners don’t understand or don’t care about.

3-0 to 5-12. Good riddance to this season & hopefully Darnold and Rhule.

keeping Rhule is all part of the master plan to land Stroud or Bryce Young

We should sign Tyrod Taylor and draft a young QB. That combo seems to work.

I hate this franchise

Yeah, I mean a commitment to Darnold, aging Cam and Rhule seems like a fail for next year. All 3 were bad decisions and need to go.

I'd start by drafting defense, and OL, like alternate for the 1st 4 picks....Defense/OL/Defense/OL.

Sign a proven, non-shitty quarterback.

But what do I know?

Yeah, I mean a commitment to Darnold, aging Cam and Rhule seems like a fail for next year. All 3 were bad decisions and need to go.

I'd start by drafting defense, and OL, like alternate for the 1st 4 picks....Defense/OL/Defense/OL.

Sign a proven, non-shitty quarterback.

But what do I know?

That we don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the upcoming draft

Has to be OL in the 1st round. Burn the stadium down if it's anything else. Unless someone in the 12-15 spot sells their soul to come up to #6

I’ve seen some mocks where Cross falls into the teens. I could see trading down if they like him and feel like he’ll be there.

The Bears traded the #20 pick, 5th, next year’s 1st and 4th to move up to #11 last year.

I’d want something like this year’s 2nd and 3rd and next year’s 1st to drop from 6 to 12 or so.

Has to be OL in the 1st round. Burn the stadium down if it's anything else. Unless someone in the 12-15 spot sells their soul to come up to #6

And trades us a quality starting offensive lineman with 2-3 years left on his contract.

Fire Rhule hire Flores you fucking cock gobblers

Interesting idea. Stephen Ross is the worst owner in any sport. Flores has done well there with some bad rosters. You guys and WTF really need to figure out your QB situations before anything else. Add to that, I don't like keeping Rhule another year. Having a lame duck coach and no QB is no way to go into next season. And I don't see how you can justify picking 1 of this year's QBs at #6 when the near universal opinion is there isn't 1 worth drafting in the top 10. Thibideaux, Hutchinson and Neal all look to go in the top 5 picks. If you get an offer to trade back, it's probably a good move.

Also it’s Mick Mixon’s last broadcast today. Guess we’ll never know again what color towel the QB is rubbing his hands on or what the gentle breeze is doing to the endzone flags.

When Mick Mixon first came to the Panthers from UNC it was tough to like him, for obvious reasons, but I eventually came around and will really miss him on the radio broadcast. Several years back he was the keynote speaker at a fundraising dinner for our local Boys & Girls Clubs and he was fantastic - told some great stories and was really self-deprecating. I tuned in to the last few minutes to hear him sign off and was glad I did.

Yeah i've never understood the Mixon hate and always just assumed it was his Tar Heel connection

Yeah i've never understood the Mixon hate and always just assumed it was his Tar Heel connection

he's fine. I never listened to Rosinski since I grew up in FL and never was able to listen to Panthers radio. I just was commenting on his predilection for really setting the stage on his radio calls.

When Mick Mixon first came to the Panthers from UNC it was tough to like him, for obvious reasons, but I eventually came around and will really miss him on the radio broadcast. Several years back he was the keynote speaker at a fundraising dinner for our local Boys & Girls Clubs and he was fantastic - told some great stories and was really self-deprecating. I tuned in to the last few minutes to hear him sign off and was glad I did.

I sat next to Mick Mixon a few months ago on a flight to NYC. He was super nice and great to talk to. We talked Panthers and Wake sports. He knew a lot about Wake and really respects what Wake has been able to do in football. I asked him a lot about Woody and his UNC days. He adored Woody.

having not listened to him on UNC radio, what qualified him to be the color analyst?

Back