• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

do you know why the panthers are still so enamored with watson? i get the innocent until proven guilty but his situation seems to get worse by the day & the potential PR nightmare is massive, i think. i don't think i would be the only person evaluating their fandom of the panthers.

Pretty simple. Watson's career isn't done. He's going to play somewhere going forward. He's a 25 year old top 5 QB. He's going to have a redemption tour. It may as well be in a Panthers uniform.

Wow, the Panthers picking a CB is +650. Sounds like we should all pile on.

Really hope GuitarDeac is correct. Trade back and continue to fill holes with talented young players. Would love to get a quality CB, TE and OL in the first 2 rounds. DO NOT want to draft a QB at 8 so, again, really hope Guitar knows what he is talking about.

Also, 100% want the Panthers to continue to pursue Watson. PH nailed it with his post.

So the assumption is that the Panthers can get the Pats to give up #15 and #46 to move up to #8. And we'll take a CB, TE, and LT with #15, #39, and #46.

If we trade for Watson i'm going to have to find someone else to share my season tickets with because it would not be my sister anymore. Might just drop them altogether for awhile.

Pretty simple. Watson's career isn't done. He's going to play somewhere going forward. He's a 25 year old top 5 QB. He's going to have a redemption tour. It may as well be in a Panthers uniform.

Exactly. If a guy can play, NFL teams will take him unless the PR heat gets too hot. Which it could with Watson. But someone will take a chance on him when the opportunity is right.

To clarify the Pats trade, it is #15, #46, and their 1st next year for #8? I would agree if Pitts isn't there to jump all over that, and I don't normally like trading down.

Pitts is probably tied with Lawrence as the "game changer" in those top 6 picks and Pitts said CB Horn from USC was easily his toughest matchup. Pitts had 2 TD's but only like 4 catches for 55 yards against USC.

I would draft Pitts (but he will be gone) and thus draft Horn at #8.

Also, either Trask or Mond will make it in the NFL. Which one?

Pitts is probably tied with Lawrence as the "game changer" in those top 6 picks and Pitts said CB Horn from USC was easily his toughest matchup. Pitts had 2 TD's but only like 4 catches for 55 yards against USC.

I would draft Pitts (but he will be gone) and thus draft Horn at #8.

Also, either Trask or Mond will make it in the NFL. Which one?

I've seen Trask (and Pitts) play a couple of times in person and I don't think Trask has the arm strength at the next level.

They are not staying at 8 unless the draft before them is weird and nobody will give the Panthers a strong offer for 8. She is wrong wrong wrong. The Panthers have been smokescreening their ass off. And they are not even considering a QB at 8. Such Bs.

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - Teddy B to Broncos for a 6th rounder

To clarify the Pats trade, it is #15, #46, and their 1st next year for #8? I would agree if Pitts isn't there to jump all over that, and I don't normally like trading down.

That would be insane. Just the 46th and we could still get one of the 16 guys guitar sys we like and double dip in the 2nd where lots of football people love this year. Another 1st rounder for next year and we essentially win this draft before we make a pick.

Last edited:
yeah I really hope Fields is around for the Pats to hopefully trade with us

I would be very surprised if the Panthers took a QB in the first three rounds.

Look at it this way. If you are the Pats and you see your franchise QB is gettable at 8, a 1st round next year and 2nd round pick this year are nothing to give up for that. Belechick is cocky. And also smart enough and probably already has plans in place to get that pick back for something/someone he doesn’t want to keep in the first place. Belechick will fully believe - and will in the end likely be right - that he got a bargain in that deal. If it happens.

GuitarDeac, if you were able to lay money down for the Panthers to get a CB with their first pick, how much would you put down and at what % confidence level

Look at it this way. If you are the Pats and you see your franchise QB is gettable at 8, a 1st round next year and 2nd round pick this year are nothing to give up for that. Belechick is cocky. And also smart enough and probably already has plans in place to get that pick back for something/someone he doesn’t want to keep in the first place. Belechick will fully believe - and will in the end likely be right - that he got a bargain in that deal. If it happens.

I get the thought process. It’s just super arrogant given the hit/miss/injury rate of any position, especially QB. Idk, I guess I’ve just been persuaded by the more picks philosophy.

GuitarDeac, if you were able to lay money down for the Panthers to get a CB with their first pick, how much would you put down and at what % confidence level

A couple of the guys here know who my source is. I’m 100% sure that the plan as of yesterday was to get a CB if they trade back especially if it’s with the Pats. Im mad at myself that I didn’t ask which one because of their guy somehow got stolen early it might change things. But I’m done getting info now. No way to get anything else at this point. So it’s draft day now and who knows what’s jumbling around. I am more than confident that was by far the most likely scenario as of yesterday. I laid all that out. If Pitts is thill there - and much crazier things have happened in the draft - then it’s going to be Pitts.

I would think the 2nd most likely way the plan with getting a CB later in round 1 is if all of the touted QBs are drafted before 8. Then it may be that nobody is desperate anymore to get up there at 8 to get one. And if that happens, it may also be that Pitts will be there. But doubtful.

I hope that answers your question. I don’t think Tepper and Rhule and Fitterer would bet much on it coming out the way they currently expect it to. Tepper might, as he can afford to lose some coin. But that guy can be snug

Look, you guys know as much or more as me in terms of the draft and the potential machinations and players etc. But I can tell you that FOR SURE what I posted was the latest from the front office at that point. If it doesn’t go that way, then the Panthers will be the most surprised not me or us.

Back