• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - Preseason #1 vs. Colts on Sun at 1

I’m in Winston. Why is the game blacked out? (I can record it.)

Is it blacked out on NFLN because you can get the local broadcast?

The Colts announcer on NFLN was funny on the Marshall play. “This could be 6! [Marshall has no breakaway speed and gets tackled] The Panthers will have to settle for 1st and 10 from the 15.”

Local broadcast having “technical difficulties” now after the thing cutting in and out through the past hour. How do you screw up a broadcast like this in 2021?

Heck of a play by Hubbard. He hadn't really shown much before that. Not much to report overall. Walker has a more live arm than I remembered. The DL looks solid and made some good plays.

Business picked up. Nice throw and catch to Shi Smith followed by Walker brilliantly extending the play, keeping his head up, and finding Tremble in the endzone.

Last edited:
Is it blacked out on NFLN because you can get the local broadcast?

The Colts announcer on NFLN was funny on the Marshall play. “This could be 6! [Marshall has no breakaway speed and gets tackled] The Panthers will have to settle for 1st and 10 from the 15.”

He runs a 4.38 forty. Let’s not be small sample size deacs.

what a drive for our 2021 draft

Yeah.

8 yard catch by Marshall
59 yard run on 3rd and 1 by Hubbard
26 yard catch by Smith
7 yard TD by Tremble

What's up with Slye? He barely made that 3rd FG and completely blew the long XP.

Yes. Rhule left for Baylor before the bowl game.

Walker looked pretty good out there. Had some good throws. Had some not as good throws. He did a great job avoiding the rush and made plays under pressure. Gotta think Grier is playing to convince the front office to keep a 3rd QB.

We shoulda kept Gano if Slye is all we have to show for it. Seems like he’s blown some pretty makeable kicks. Mare 2.0.

Yes. Rhule left for Baylor before the bowl game.

Walker looked pretty good out there. Had some good throws. Had some not as good throws. He did a great job avoiding the rush and made plays under pressure. Gotta think Grier is playing to convince the front office to keep a 3rd QB.

So Panthers have both Walker and WR Anderson from that bowl opponent. And weren't they the two on the 4th down play that won it for us? QB threw short or WR ran wrong route.

I don't remember that play. Robby Anderson was a senior in 2015 and wasn't on the 2016 team. Here is the full list of players on the Panthers roster who were on that 2016 Military Bowl team.

QB PJ Walker (SR)
WR Keith Kirkwood (rJR)
TE Colin Thompson (rSR)

LB Hassan Reddick (rSR)
S Sam Franklin (FR)
S Sean Chandler (JR)

Last edited:
It's ridiculous to me that Darnold didn't play at all. That guy still has a lot to prove. Let's not act as if he's Aaron Rodgers out there and has earned the right not to play in preseason games.

none of the starters played. it would’ve been idiotic to have him as the only starter playing.

Yeah.

8 yard catch by Marshall
59 yard run on 3rd and 1 by Hubbard
26 yard catch by Smith
7 yard TD by Tremble

What's up with Slye? He barely made that 3rd FG and completely blew the long XP.

I didn't catch all the 2nd half, but yeah, not only nice plays by the skilled position guys, but I thought Brown and Christensen more than held their own at RG and RT (until Brown got injured). Also got some decent plays from Haynes and Gross-Matos on the edge. I hadn't seen much of Walker before, but he's pretty darn serviceable as a back-up. The Colts weren't playing starters either, but they're a solidly deep team. So your subs beating theirs bodes well for the future.

when you are a team whose season depends on whether or not the new QB can adjust to his new settings and put his lack of success in the rear view mirror, I'm not sure how playing no starters and giving the new QB zero reps helps prepare for the season.

Apparently both teams agreed to two hard scrimmages with 1 v 1 's during the 3 days of practice and then play 2-3 v 2-3 in the preseason game. Probably a better strategy for season preparation and has gotten good reviews from players and coaches but short changes the fans that come to the preseason games.

Lol they’ve been scrimmaging with the starters and are going to do it again with the Ravens plus Darnold will play in that game. Horn has never played in an NFL game and sat today.

Back