• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

I'm no GM, but the 2nd round to me is a place you can get great value just with that pick. You can get a really good player on the cheap. And if you miss somehow, it's not the nd of the world like a 1st round miss is. Why in the world Hurney seemed to like to throw away half his draft to get higher in the 2nd round was always beyond me. For some teams - notably the Patriots - you can build a team off those 2nd round picks. Have a little patience Hurney. Plenty of really good players were still available and probably those Little and Funchess would have both been available without trading up.

To that point, trading down and getting Marshall and getting the pick to acquire Tremble.

yeah like Fitt getting a WR1 in the 2nd round after trading down! STUD!

Falcons are first team to get to 100% vaccination status. They had 2 unvaccinated guys and instead of pleading with them to listen to science, they just cut those stupid motherfuckers! YES, That's what I'm talking about!

i don't think the darnold experiment is going to end nicely

if we don't get Watson and Darnold sucks, what's the plan? evidently Tepper and/or Rhule don't want to draft a guy unless it's a Lawrence-type.

If it ends in us acquiring Watson next offseason, does that = "nicely" ?

I would call that a happy ending.

Barca, that's the question. And next year's QB draft doesn't look nearly as good as this year's was. With Fields promising 1st game, I think there's a really good chance all 5 end up being legit starting QBs.

Last edited:
I for one am willing to crown all rookie quarterbacks success stories after one pre-season game going against vanilla 2nd and 3rd string defenses.

I for one am willing to crown all rookie quarterbacks success stories after one pre-season game going against vanilla 2nd and 3rd string defenses.

I really liked this class coming in - much more than I did the 5 QB Mayfield class. I think Lance and Jones sit this year as long as Jimmy G and Cam play well, but I like their potential. The 1 I had the most questions about was Fields due to his inconsistency last year, and he looked the part last week. I question if Nagy is the right coach to tutor him, but yeah, I do think all 5 of these guys could turn into solid pro QBs. This was an unusually deep QB class. Simms liked this class too, and he has a pretty good history picking QBs.

if we don't get Watson and Darnold sucks, what's the plan? evidently Tepper and/or Rhule don't want to draft a guy unless it's a Lawrence-type.

i think they'll keep taking cracks at it until we find our guy

the good news, is that i don't think we'll settle for mediocre like teddy b

1st and goal from the 6 and end up with 0 points.

If we aren't auditioning 5 kickers on Monday I'm going to be pissed.

It's just a preseason game, but I don't see much reason to have any confidence in this team, especially the offense.

So Tepper doesn't trust a QB right out of college but he trusts a head coach right out of college?

Last edited:
I went to this game and that’s the last nfl preseason game I’m ever going to…. What a waste of time.

Didn't watch, don't care.

NFL Preseason needs to be eliminated, it is the lowest form of major professional sports out there.

Just play 18 regular season games and have two closed door scrimmages. These "games" are pointless.

I went to this game and that’s the last nfl preseason game I’m ever going to…. What a waste of time.

I went to a Bucs preseason game with free tickets about 10 years ago. I paid too much.

I went to a Bucs preseason game with free tickets about 10 years ago. I paid too much.

I think we are reading to much into the this. Their practice squad players and backup QB is better than ours. IDK what else to think of it.

I'm no GM, but the 2nd round to me is a place you can get great value just with that pick. You can get a really good player on the cheap. And if you miss somehow, it's not the nd of the world like a 1st round miss is. Why in the world Hurney seemed to like to throw away half his draft to get higher in the 2nd round was always beyond me. For some teams - notably the Patriots - you can build a team off those 2nd round picks. Have a little patience Hurney. Plenty of really good players were still available and probably those Little and Funchess would have both been available without trading up.

And if no longer available at your 2nd round draft spot, no big deal.

I expected some comments re Darnold playing one series only. Explanation - he has been getting lots of live action in scrimmages. Ok. I guess protecting against injury, which maybe isn’t a bad strategy when Grier remains the backup plan.

Back