• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

It's just a preseason game, but I don't see much reason to have any confidence in this team, especially the offense.

So Tepper doesn't trust a QB right out of college but he trusts a head coach right out of college?

This is where I am. Just nothing to get excited about at all.

For me the jury is still out on Rhule and the entire front office, including ownership.

Matt Rhule had over 20 years of coaching experience and a record of success while a head coach as well. No comparison at all to not drafting a 20 year old college QB with a 1st round pick last year (save for Lawrence). Totally different animals.

I think we are fine with Rhule.

First round QBs have a much better track record of success in the NFL than college head coaches.

Yeah and part of me still wonders what it was about Rhule that made him the hot college name. You look at other past college coaches who moved up and it's pretty self-explanatory why they were wanted in the pros: Kelly, Meyer, Saban, Harbaugh, Spurrier, Johnson. Rhule never had close to the success of those guys.

I think I'm happy about that extension. It's Top 20 WR money. Hopefully we're set at WR for the near future with Anderson, Moore, Marshall, and Smith after DJ Moore gets a deserved extension.

i hope extending DJ and Robby are not mutually exclusive

I watched the replay yesterday, and your 1s and 2s essentially played ours to a standstill. Our 3s ran it up in the 2nd half. I think there is a lot to like from Fitterer's draft, and I think Rhule is going to be a fine coach. This roster was pretty barren when Rhule took over, especially on D, and I mostly like what they've done. And jettisoning Hurney was the right call. The 1 issue I've had is QB, but that appeared to be as much a Tepper issue as it was a Rhule/Fitterer issue. And if you land Watson and a LT in the offseason, you're a serious playoff caliber team.

No way.

But I do wonder if we can pay a RB, RT, 2 WR, possibly a QB, and have a good OL going forward.

No way.

But I do wonder if we can pay a RB, RT, 2 WR, possibly a QB, and have a good OL going forward.

Is there an actual penalty for circumventing the salary cap? Obviously all NFL owners are loaded, but Tepper is at another level. If he only has $10 mil a year to sign a QB under the cap, what is stopping him from signing the QB to $10 mil through the team, then using some hedge fund shell companies to buy some Bojangles franchises and having Bojangles sign the QB to a $20 mil endorsement deal that runs concurrent with the NFL contract?

Everyone always talks about Brady taking less money to stay with the Pats because Giselle makes so much, but I guarandamnty that some of Kraft's money was finding its way through his other business channels through Giselle back to Brady.

Is there an actual penalty for circumventing the salary cap? Obviously all NFL owners are loaded, but Tepper is at another level. If he only has $10 mil a year to sign a QB under the cap, what is stopping him from signing the QB to $10 mil through the team, then using some hedge fund shell companies to buy some Bojangles franchises and having Bojangles sign the QB to a $20 mil endorsement deal that runs concurrent with the NFL contract?

Everyone always talks about Brady taking less money to stay with the Pats because Giselle makes so much, but I guarandamnty that some of Kraft's money was finding its way through his other business channels through Giselle back to Brady.

yeah I had seen it rumored that there was something promised to Brady after he retired, like some kind of cushy "front office" gig or equity stake or something, which he could do since as you said Giselle way outearns him.

Broncos name Teddy B starting QB over Drew Lock.

Broncos announce plans to draft Sam Howell #1 overall next year.

I said Howell would be a top 10 pick after the win over UNC in 2019. He’s the next Russell Wilson. If the wheels fall off the panthers bus early, just play Will Grier and lose every game.

They only did 3 FG drills?

Fit brought in a new kicker yesterday. He could have drafted a kicker to replace our shaky kicker but he drafted a long snapper to replace a guy who hasn’t messed up in like 10 years.

We had Butker and just let him go. Crazy. The one thing G-Man got right.

What a mess.

Back