• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Panthers cut Will Grier.

https://www.panthers.com/news/quarterback-will-grier-among-panthers-early-cuts

The Panthers released veteran linebacker Josh Bynes. They also waived wide receiver Omar Bayless, running back Spencer Brown, defensive lineman Frank Herron, offensive lineman Mike Horton, cornerback Jalen Julius, wide receiver Keith Kirkwood, outside linebacker Christian Miller, offensive lineman Aaron Monteiro, wide receiver C.J. Saunders, tight end Stephen Sullivan, and offensive lineman Sam Tecklenburg.

So Greg Little was the 2019 2nd round pick, Grier was the 2019 3rd round pick, and Miller was the 2019 4th round pick. I know we've got a new coach and GM, but good grief. 5th round pick Jordan Scarlett got 4 carries for 9 yards before being placed on IR, then was released in 2020 at the end of camp. He's currently trying to make the dolphins, with Little.

Last edited:
I was rooting for Spencer Brown. I randomly bet on UAB one night and thought he was awesome.

Packers cut our old friend Devin Funchess.

A significantly percentage of the roster is going to be 2020 and 2021 draft picks and UFAs. Could be around 8-10 2021 guys and 5-7 2020 guys.

Here's the count:

2021 - 10 out of 11 picks plus 6th round LS Fletcher going to season ending IR
2020 - 6 out of 7 picks. 5th round S Kenny Robinson was waived.
Also 2020 -
--P Charlton was a 2020 UFA
--FB/TE Giovanni Ricci was on the Panthers 2020 practice squad as a UFA
--LB Clay Johnston was a 2020 5th round pick by the Rams (Baylor)
--S Sam Franklin was a 2020 UFA (Temple)
--S Myles Hartsfield was a 2020 UFA

So that's 21 out of 53 players on the active roster from the 2020 and 2021 classes.

Wanna feel real old? I remember when Biff thought that kid was Will Grier.

Speaking of, the Cowboys picked up Grier off waivers. Grier looked pretty solid playing with the 1st and 2nd team. I thought keeping 3 QBs made sense with COVID, so I hope letting Grier go works out.

The Panthers released WR David Moore today. I guess they're making room to sign a player off waivers, maybe a LB? We have 5 WRs now which is the same as the number of FB/TE. Looks like we won't be using many 3 WR sets which does make sense with CMC in the backfield.

Last edited:
Here's the full list of 2021 practice squad signings so far:

WR C.J. Saunders

C Sam Tecklenburg

RB Spencer Brown

S Kenny Robinson

RB Rodney Smith

WR Keith Kirkwood

WR Omar Bayless

T Aaron Monteiro

DE Frank Herron

S Jalen Julius

TE Stephen Sullivan

CB Rashaan Melvin

Panthers claim G Michael Jordan off waivers from the Bengals. 2019 4th round pick out of Ohio State. 23 years old with 19 starts in 27 pro games. Seems like a good pick-up.

[insert Michael Jordan jokes below]

The Bengals offensive line was absolutely terrible last year and one of their offseason goals was to totally overhaul it. He's being replaced by a rookie and has lost his starting job every season.

The Bengals offensive line was absolutely terrible last year and one of their offseason goals was to totally overhaul it. He's being replaced by a rookie and has lost his starting job every season.

Well hopefully he takes that personally.

Probably.

I'm pretty sure you committed a HIPAA violation just by asking.

Back