• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

no reason to keep those 2 on the team unless they are CMC and another top level player.

what will be better this season, the panthers offense or the panthers defense?

what will be better this season, the panthers offense or the panthers defense?

I think the team goes as far as the OL can take us. We went to the Super Bowl with an average OL and average RB and WRs, with a veteran defense.

The DL should be good and deep. The linebackers are a weak spot. The oldest player in the secondary is Donte Jackson.

I'm betting the offense takes a big step forward this year and the defense benefits from it.

So, I'm going to say the defense will be the better of the two, but won't be elite by any means.

yeah, the offense was okay last year and the defense was pretty terrible

we're getting CMC back, hopefully darnold at worst is a wash on teddy, and the oline was shit last year too but i think the defense will be better too which is a surprise

lots of young stars on that side

I think the defense will be mercurial. Burns and Chinn will be good. The interior DL, LBs, and CBs will be question marks week to week. The offense will play it pretty safe with Darnold handing off to CMC and throwing to CMC, DJ, and Anderson.

The reasonable best case scenario for the season is that the defense is young and deep and flies all over the field making plays. Gives up too many big plays, but gets a lot of takeaways and key 3rd down stops too. The defense gives the offense enough chances to win games 20-17 or 17-13 to get to 9 or 10 wins. Make the playoffs and lose a hard fought wild card game. Fit pulls off some draft magic and trades up from #20 or so to get one of the top LTs on the board. Ends up with 5 draft picks including some OL and LB.

Panthers picked up RB Royce Freeman and waived KR/RB Trenton Cannon. Cannon was the KR. Now I guess Fit is going to get a KR/PR. Still hoping for Dortch.

Still hoping for Dortch.

tumblr_nfa4gwIKdq1tq4of6o1_500.gif

One week from right now I will be back in BofA stadium and it will be half as loud as last night.

I would take a 5-12 season if it meant the number 1 pick in the draft. I don't want to go 5-12 and get the 10th pick or go 1-16 and get the first pick though.

The press box was shaking before the start of the Georgia-Clemson game Saturday night. That is not going happen on Sunday versus the Jets.

Do you think it'll happen at any NFL stadium for the 1 pm kickoff games?

It was like that during 2015, especially the playoffs. If Clemson and UGA were projected to finish in the bottom half of their leagues (Like the panthers) I promise there would be no shaking.

It was like that during 2015, especially the playoffs. If Clemson and UGA were projected to finish in the bottom half of their leagues (Like the panthers) I promise there would be no shaking.

I was there. It was not that loud.

Now, Lane or Neyland on a good night are louder than BofA was this past weekend.

Was anybody else there at the Panthers - Cowboys playoff game in 1996? I'm pretty sure that's the loudest stadium I've ever heard. It's still maybe my favorite sporting event I've attended.

Back