• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

I think we walked in about 25 until 1pm and it was sardines. Everyone yelling and doing the Keep Pounding cheer. I’m sure I have covid again, but with a smattering of Delta this time. Sweet. Hey thanks you fucking Trump-ass dumbasses.

#freedom! ;)

it's annoying that some of the narrative I'm seeing this week is that oh, the Panthers have only played a rookie in his first start, Jameis, and are getting another rookie in his first start. Jameis was getting tons of hype prior to the start of the season and especially after week 1. we reminded people who he is, but now everyone is remembering he sucks and not giving us credit for beating MVP Jameis.

2-0 is 2-0. And 3-0 would be 3-0.

The win total will affect whether we get into the playoffs. The quality of wins and the overall level of play will determine how far we go. So 2-0 so far is great for our playoff hopes, obviously. Are we contenders yet after beating the Jets and a questionable Saints team? Nope. After beating a Texans team that most consider to be a strong candidate for the #1 pick? Nope. The league has A LOT of average teams, and a lot of them are on our schedule. Beat them, make it to the playoffs, and then we'll see what we can do. The only contenders on our schedule are the Bucs, Bills and possibly Cardinals or Vikings. Our schedule is easy, so we need to take advantage and springboard it into a playoff season.

Yep. A good season this year with an exciting young core could finally attract some top level free agents, too. We'll have a lot of money to spend next year.

Also, assuming both that our only realistic avenue to the playoffs is via the Wild Card, and that the NFC East isn't going to produce one of those wild cards, we don't have all that many games that carry extra emphasis. All we can do to help our case is accumulate wins. The only game outside of the division that jumps off the page as potentially crucial in the Wild Card race is the Minnesota game. Win at least two, or preferably 3 games against the NFC East and we'll be in great shape.

Last edited:
4-2 vs NFC South
3-1 vs NFC Least
3-2 vs AFC
1-1 vs Min/Ari

That seems doable and puts us at 11-6. May even have two games room of error, although 9-8 would be pushing a wild card spot I'd say. If we drop a couple vs the NFC east or win less than 4 vs the south it gets tough.

it's annoying that some of the narrative I'm seeing this week is that oh, the Panthers have only played a rookie in his first start, Jameis, and are getting another rookie in his first start. Jameis was getting tons of hype prior to the start of the season and especially after week 1. we reminded people who he is, but now everyone is remembering he sucks and not giving us credit for beating MVP Jameis.

And I can take any 0-2 team and explain away how they really could be a lot better than that. As Ph and others said above, 2-0 is 2-0. All you wrote on a scorecard is the number you made on the hole. Narratives don’t affect your score.

Yep. Best thing about pro sports. More wins are more wins. Opinions and narratives don’t matter.

Also, assuming both that our only realistic avenue to the playoffs is via the Wild Card, and that the NFC East isn't going to produce one of those wild cards, we don't have all that many games that carry extra emphasis. All we can do to help our case is accumulate wins. The only game outside of the division that jumps off the page as potentially crucial in the Wild Card race is the Minnesota game. Win at least two, or preferably 3 games against the NFC East and we'll be in great shape.

I think the visit to Arizona could have some wild-card tiebreaker implications as well, I imagine all 4 of those NFC West teams are going to beat up on each other this year and 2-3 of them will be in the playoffs.

panthers are one of the youngest teams in the league and have a great cap outlook. early but we look to be crushing this rebuild. last few drafts have been stellar as well.

This squad is hitting the reasonable best case scenarios I laid out before the season. Keep this up and 10+ wins and the playoffs are certainly possible.

Looking WAY ahead, if TB cruises and locks up a bye early, our last game is at TB. That could be a game vs backups, which is obviously a much better situation than playing TB full strength twice as well. And the fact we don't get them the first time until after Christmas, we will really know what kind of team we have and they have at that point.

What Rhule (and Brady) have done with Darnold is brilliant. They did not praise him in the media during camp before the season started so as to not put extra pressure and set high expectations on Darnold again from the media and fans. But they knew he was playing well and got the system and instead they built his confidence again in private. The result is Darnold was able to start with a clean slate. And he's playing stellar and now his confidence will likely continue to build and he becomes the QB the Jets thought were drafting 3rd overall.

Cowherd said yesterday Rhule is maybe the best young coach in the NFL.

TBH cowherd's praise is probably a negative thing, but so far so good this year.

Back