• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - 2-0 at Texans on Thursday Night Football

Didn't understand the pass on 1st down there if you don't score they have to take a time out.

Get the TD and time doesn’t really matter.

The QB sneak is so simple and effective. Should be the easy option every time.

A big reason Aikman didn’t run the QB sneak is he had Emmitt Smith.

#54 for the Texans who Rhule was hugging is a Temple guy if anybody was wondering.

You can tell Darnold isn't used to having fans cheer for him.

more worried about Jaycee than CMC

Seems like it's early enough in the season that Horn could come back from a broken foot if he doesn't need surgery.

AJ Bouye is back from his suspension. He was inactive today because of the short week. I assume he'll start for Horn and Melvin will stay in the nickel.

It was good to see Tremble and Chuba make up for some early mistakes and make plays. Marshall was solid as usual. Hard to believe it's his 3rd game. Can't speak on Christensen and Brown and Smith didn't play, but the draft looks like a big win for the offense.

Last edited:
Remaining schedule:

@Dallas L
Philly W
Vikings L
@NYG W
@ATL W
NE W
@Arizona L
Washington W
@Miami W
Atlanta W
@Buffalo L
TB L
@NO W
TB L

That’s assuming CMC’s hamstring injury isn’t serious. I think if we go 1-2 over the next three we should feel good. If we go 2-1 or better then we need to be considered a Wild Card lock.

You worried about the 0-2, soon to likely be 1-4, Vikings at home? Cousins against this defensive front should be enjoyable to watch. We should win that and vs Tampa likely resting starters. I’d prob include a loss at NO though, even despite our dominance.

Strained hamstring for McCaffrey. Hopefully it's something where he can rest a couple of weeks and it won't be nagging.

I can't imagine that Horn will be 100% the rest of the season.

I think hamstring for CMC is going to take a while. Hope I'm wrong. Hamstring pull is an injury you can't rush back or you start the clock all over again so easily.

CMC is injury prone. It reminds me of Nomar Garciaparra. He was injured all the time with pulls and strains. It was always said that he was just one of those guys that was almost genetically too muscular. He looked like he was going to pull a hamstring at all times just because of the way his body was so incredibly built and tight looking. CMC seems to be like that. He looks to be so wound tight it looks like muscles will snap at any moment. Lots of guys are muscular I get it, but some of these guys just look wound too damn tight with those muscles and there's no body fat or anything softer anywhere.

Last edited:
One thing that is unmistakable is this D is legit. Heads and shoulders above every other D in yards allowed, pts. scored, and sacks. Granted we are playing lesser offenses to start the season, but still our stats are eye popping good even against weaker teams. Losing Horn will hurt, but guessing others will fill the gap admirably and as long as we can keep bringing the type of pressure we brought last night we should be in every game. Also had no idea we picked up Fox as that guy is a beast. We are stout up front and with some serious speed and depth on the edges coupled with really solid LB core and stud DBs. If you can play top notch D you will win a good # of games especially if Darnold can continue to manage games well and avoid silly TOs. I like our chances to win 12 IF we can find a reliable RB to keep Ds honest. Chuba started to show something late, but would like to see how Royce does starting and getting more carries as Chuba was a non factor for the 1st half.

Back