• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

It is worth pointing out that the House has had almost 18 months to get SS records from Jan 5 and 6. They had to know it was important.

Dude, when I worked at USCIS we skirted a Congressional Inquiry for 8 months. Part of it is pushback, but the mechanics of forcing an agency to find, extract, and disclose data is unbelievably clunky. And we weren't even trying to hide anything. These are motivated folks at high levels - I'm impressed anything is coming out about this at all.

Hey jhmd I know how much you love America old buddy, where the fuck are you? Lurking like a punk in servitude? What do you have to gain? You can’t make enough money on the up-and-up you pretend to revere?

Are those texts truly gone? The phone companies can’t recover?

I don’t think phone companies store text messages, just like they don’t store calls.

They would have the data about the message. Source, destination, size, time.

If you erase the evidence, they can’t find out if you did anything wrong.

The USSC is now under criminal investigation and they've retained Private Counsel.

The USSC is now under criminal investigation and they've retained Private Counsel.

Not surprising. The media coverage of this has been pretty lazy imho. Let's just say there was an actual migration that required wiping all phones. Okey dokey, that's actually somewhat believable. Why? Because phones getting wiped shouldn't be a huge deal. They get lost. Dropped. Upgraded. When I had a phone through DHS it got corrupted/bugged out a couple times and then either got replaced or wiped, new one immediately synched. Emails and texts on Federal networks don't just go from phone to phone or directly through a cell provider - they travel through servers that have had backup and audit requirements for decades - and more recently message duplication since a few years after DHS was formed.

We'll probably find out that personal devices with encrypted messaging was widely used for anyone near Trump, or that there was some wild-west type shit allowed via a dysfunctional lack of oversight.

Seems important that the Pence’s Secret Service on Jan 6 was calling their families and telling them goodbye for fear they may not make it out alive.

Last edited:
These hearings are wild. Absolutely love that the whole room was laughing at Hawley.

I hope these hearings actually mean something. I'd hate to think I sat through Liz Cheney quoting Margaret Thatcher for nothing.

Back