• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

DHS Watchdog

giphy.gif

It feels like they have a CPAC or TPUSA conference every month. It's amazing how many people want to see Ted Cruz and Matt Gaetz do a stand-up routine.

It’s right-wing political comic-con. There’s nothing like it on the left.

That's because the right is essentially enamored with shiny objects and loud noises.

fa593edd7a8f72eb47d2523402cc490b.jpg

MTG in orange in a cell looks like practice to me.

fa593edd7a8f72eb47d2523402cc490b.jpg

MTG in orange in a cell looks like practice to me.

Most of their base watches fake "reality" shows, so I guess having a fake "reality" 1/6 exhibit somehow fits. I wonder if they charged anything for people to talk to the guy - a good grifting opportunity missed if they didn't.

So he had home detention and never even went to jail?

It takes a little work to maintain disinformed passion.

Unfortunately, not as much as stoking truth-based passion.

Besides the insanity of believing that the "loyalty" and slavish obedience of Hitler's generals was admirable and should be emulated by US military officers, there is also the little historical fact that a good many of Hitler's generals tried to kill him in 1944, and nearly succeeded. And that Hitler had nearly all of them put to death afterwards. There have been articles which say that if Trump gets elected again he will purge the military of any high-ranking officers he thinks might be disloyal or disobedient and will replace them with toadies who will do his bidding. A sobering thought.

Pretty amazing that the ongoing grift has got the Republican base trying to relitigate the past.

Given that the GOP's whole agenda is to drive America backwards into some imagined past golden age like the 1950s, I guess refusing to accept the results of the last presidential election and trying to overturn it so it's as if the election never happened makes sense for them. Maybe that's why so many Trumpites still have those faded and deteriorating Trump 2020 flags and yard signs up - if they can overturn the election they can still brag that Dear Leader won.

Back