• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Wow, that is some unimpressive journalism, Luke Decock.

Yeah, you'd think we'd get a mention. Technically we did play an FBS team to open and won impressively score-wise, despite some concerns with how we played.

Is the Florida State game the biggest game in Dave Clawson's tenure ?

It looked as if Mitch has surpassed Kern on the depth chart, and if Griffis is to be the guy, I would love to see him play the whole second half against Norfolk State. I know Sam is going to be here for the next 7 or 8 years, but it would be nice to see what we have behind him. Mitch is 4 for 15 at Wake, and I think some of this may be due his never being in long enough to get in a rhythm, but lets know for sure. If its not him, we need to know before some of the younger guys transfer out to find playing time elsewhere.

It looked as if Mitch has surpassed Kern on the depth chart, and if Griffis is to be the guy, I would love to see him play the whole second half against Norfolk State. I know Sam is going to be here for the next 7 or 8 years, but it would be nice to see what we have behind him. Mitch is 4 for 15 at Wake, and I think some of this may be due his never being in long enough to get in a rhythm, but lets know for sure. If its not him, we need to know before some of the younger guys transfer out to find playing time elsewhere.

According to Clawson's press conference, Kerns was a bit nicked for ODU. Hence he did not play because there were other options.

Last edited:

He says the ACC and The Alliance are supposed to compete with the SEC. You'd think he would report a little progress toward the stated goal by including an obvious ACC victor within his readership but that's not what they do down in Raleigh. On top of that the W-SJ gives oxygen to that mindset in WF's backyard by publishing his article.

Beat the Noles and DeCock will say the Noles had a bad day. The only thing that will sway those guys in Raleigh are beat downs against UNCCH and NCSU.

Deacs gonna have to execute better going forward to change their tune.

Sure, Decock sucks - but we only have to look in our own backyard to find the lone vote for App State in this week's AP Poll - Ethan Joyce of the Winston-Salem Journal! Our "hometown" paper that does its best to prop up App for whatever reason and forget that we exist.

if you go looking for outrage, you're sure to find it

Deacs host FSU on national TV in 10 days; way more eyeballs will be on that game than anything written by Decock or Joyce

if you go looking for outrage, you're sure to find it

Deacs host FSU on national TV in 10 days; way more eyeballs will be on that game than anything written by Decock or Joyce

Put another 30-0 whipping on FSU and coverage will not be a problem.

The story would only be that the ACC is down again, not that Wake is good.

The story would only be that the ACC is down again, not that Wake is good.

100%. If WF happens to have the "good to great" season, the national narrative will be that the ACC is so down that WF is in contention to win.

well, when you have one Top Ten win in school history, and it came 75 years ago; and your OOC schedule is ODU, Towson, Army, and a conference opponent; and the conference sucks; people aren't going to give you very much of the benefit of the doubt

still, beating FSU would matter a lot more than whatever some North Carolina journalist cares to put in his article

100%. If WF happens to have the "good to great" season, the national narrative will be that the ACC is so down that WF is in contention to win.

Oh well. Just need to win the conference and win the bowl game and come back stronger next year.

well, when you have one Top Ten win in school history, and it came 75 years ago; and your OOC schedule is ODU, Towson, Army, and a conference opponent; and the conference sucks; people aren't going to give you very much of the benefit of the doubt

still, beating FSU would matter a lot more than whatever some North Carolina journalist cares to put in his article

Which is why the FSU game might be the biggest game of Clawson's tenure at Wake Forest, thus far. That's what some people are saying.

Does Norfolk State have a mobile QB? I hope so. Any practice Wake can get against mobile QBs is a plus. The past 5-30 years of watching 3rd and 8 get converted by a scrambler makes me terrified of the Travis kid at FSU.

I don’t know if FSU is the biggest but Good to Great means at least 5 ACC wins and that would be hard to do without beating FSU at home.

Does Norfolk State have a mobile QB? I hope so. Any practice Wake can get against mobile QBs is a plus. The past 5-30 years of watching 3rd and 8 get converted by a scrambler makes me terrified of the Travis kid at FSU.

Norfolk State doesn't have much of a QB at all it seems - RS Senior and Team Captain Juwan Carter went 8/18 for 125, 1 TD 1 INT against Toledo on Saturday. 5 rushing yards on 5 attempts.

Sure, Decock sucks - but we only have to look in our own backyard to find the lone vote for App State in this week's AP Poll - Ethan Joyce of the Winston-Salem Journal! Our "hometown" paper that does its best to prop up App for whatever reason and forget that we exist.

... you do realize he covers App as well right?

Also if Wake got any votes for being ranked I would've raised a major eyebrow at why

... you do realize he covers App as well right?

Also if Wake got any votes for being ranked I would've raised a major eyebrow at why

Same reason Steve Spurrier always gave Duke 1 vote in the old coaches poll at the beginning of seasons - until they lost.

Back