• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

I'm willing to take +21 from those who believe FSU will "woodshed" or win "pretty handily" on 9/18.

What's the wager, boys (or girls)?

I will mortgage the house i don't own on Wake +21 there barring the entire team being out

Name wise, probably. However, I think the best may be the Thursday night win at State. They were ranked, they had a highly regarded QB, Newman was making his first start, primetime national TV. I think that was a higher quality win than A&M. A&M was kind of mess at that point, interim coach, had some players out, etc.

The win over Mack and UNC on ESPN in 2019 was my favorite. WF blew the doors off UNC to start the game, and then played not to lose in the 2nd half (and WF didn't lose). Jamie Newman bulldozing Sage's brother for one of the WF's TD will be lasting memory.

What's the way to project lines for CFP games? I feel like you used to post some metrics that were very useful that regard Pilch? Maybe someone else? I just bet my buddy the line will be less than 10 and feel extremely confident. I'm not even positive WFU won't be favored. Guessing something like FSU -3 maybe.

Name wise, probably. However, I think the best may be the Thursday night win at State. They were ranked, they had a highly regarded QB, Newman was making his first start, primetime national TV. I think that was a higher quality win than A&M. A&M was kind of mess at that point, interim coach, had some players out, etc.

Definitely this game. And not to mention we had a ridiculous amount of injuries that year. I want to say we only had a few scholarship linebackers for that game and earlier in the year didn't we only have one vs FSU or something. We were ravaged by injuries that year. Still can't believe we managed to win 7 games that season due to the injuries and our embarrassing defense to start the season.

Before FSU took ND to OT, WF would have been a small favorite hosting FSU next week. Now, the line would be around a pick (FSU might be a small favorite). On Saturday, FSU plays Jacksonville State. FSU was losing to them at half last year. If FSU spits up on itself again this week (and its a massive letdown spot and FSU is playing on a short week), the line could move back toward WF. Either way the line is going to be short (a FG or less either way).

Anyone else feeling FSU will take us to the woodshed? If they don't shoot themselves in the foot 10 times or more, they should easily win. Either QB can kill us. I envision multiple FSU TDs of 3-4 play drives and 2-4 long play TDs. Their D speed will be a problem for our execution and ho-hum offense.

I could see a game like our last ND game at home. Couldn't stop them on D and our O had Hartman, Jamie, and Hinton and we had limited production.
LOWF mentality

should be a great game, super pumped for it

looks good ..

ESPN predictor has Wake with 63.4% chance of beating F$U
SM6nh98giuUAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

I’m worried about FSU’s run game.

This is a huge game. No this one and I think we’re on track to be 8-0 or 7-1 heading into the UNC game (UVA on the road will be tough)

This may be the most important game of Clawson's tenure.

I'm not liking this at all. A wounded FSU team that has been underperforming is hungry for a W comes to town. If we win, we only do what Jacksonville State has already done. If we lose, the narrative becomes "Wake can't even beat a down FSU team." Should we win, FSU fires their coach, promotes an assistant with a goofy name like Dabo, and FSU is back on the path to national prominence. I don't see much upside here.

I'm not liking this at all. A wounded FSU team that has been underperforming is hungry for a W comes to town. If we win, we only do what Jacksonville State has already done. If we lose, the narrative becomes "Wake can't even beat a down FSU team." Should we win, FSU fires their coach, promotes an assistant with a goofy name like Dabo, and FSU is back on the path to national prominence. I don't see much upside here.

This is a new era of Wake Forest football and you should put those old ways away.

They already did that years ago with Jimbo.

Back