• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Always the key to Army. Get the lead early. It's a psych game with them. The whole thing is time of possession. You go 3 and out on first possession, they burn 10 minutes and don't care if they score. You get a field goal next possession. They burn another 10 minutes. Halftime you lead 3 zip and nobody on your team is tired cuz they didn't play much. Panic. Lose.

1st down is a key as well. If you can hold to a gain 2 or less on some 1st downs, your odds of getting a stop go way up. I mean obviously that is case with any team, but even more so with an option team.

1st down is a key as well. If you can hold to a gain 2 or less on some 1st downs, your odds of getting a stop go way up. I mean obviously that is case with any team, but even more so with an option team.

Also, stop them on third down and make them punt on fourth down.

Let’s not forget 2nd down either.

Ha-ha, you guys know what I mean. If you get them off schedule after 1st down, your chance of stopping them go way up. They want to live off 2nd or 3rd and short, pick up the first down and burn clock.

Ha-ha, you guys know what I mean. If you get them off schedule after 1st down, your chance of stopping them go way up. They want to live off 2nd or 3rd and short, pick up the first down and burn clock.

Navy - Memphis yesterday was instructive. Mem got the opening kickoff on the 25 and scored a TD less than a minute later. Navy got the kickoff on the 25 and went on a 21 play 10+ minute drive for a TD. I don't remember a play over 10 yards. Just a steady drumbeat of 3-7 yard plays. Eventually the Mem D quit rushing the "passer" and stayed home to stop the fullback dive.

I'm sure the sharps will be on Army based on how many rushing yards we gave up to the #2 leading rusher in the country and two of the top rushing QBs in the country. The only way Army gets within 3 is a high scoring game, more than the 52.5 o/u.

What is Wake's highest ranking ever? I think we were #15 in the AP right before the Orange Bowl in 2006, correct? If we beat Army and move up again, are we setting a record?

What is Wake's highest ranking ever? I think we were #15 in the AP right before the Orange Bowl in 2006, correct? If we beat Army and move up again, are we setting a record?
#11 44 or so.

#11 in 1947

Peaked at #14 for the 2006 home game vs VT

As a top 16 AP team (or better) WF is 3-8-1 all time. The one win since 1950 was the ACCCG over GT as #16

Ball St beat this Army team by 12. Ball St lost to Wyoming by 33. If we can’t cover -3, that would be extremely disappointing.

Jerry Palm has Wake in the Pinstripe Bowl. NC State in the Peach.

Just win, baby.

That and $5 might get you something at Starbucks. I do think the State game will be very tough. Hopefully we get by Army and Duke healthy and can put our best on the field against State.

#11 in 1947

Peaked at #14 for the 2006 home game vs VT

As a top 16 AP team (or better) WF is 3-8-1 all time. The one win since 1950 was the ACCCG over GT as #16

The 1979 team also reached #14 after beating Auburn.Of course we lost to Clemson the next week.

Back