• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

I mean I'm not interpreting that quote wrong, correct? Mack is saying that Wake being undefeated at this point is a modern day miracle and somebody else will almost certainly catch up to them to win the ACC instead?

I interpret it to mean that anyone can get lucky. It's not a favorable quote, either way.

Mack Brown is still stuck in the 90's and thinks Wake Forest should always be the conference punching bag. That's probably why his 2nd tenure on-field results have sucked so far.

UNC-CH went to the Orange Bowl last year.

Largely with Fedora's recruits.

Who the fuck was he supposed to coach ? It was still Mack's tenure and Fedora was going nowhere fast with the same guys. And Sam Howell was a Mack Brown recruit.

UNC-CH went to the Orange Bowl last year.

I want you to know I rolled my eyes so hard I got dizzy. UNC finished 4th in the ACC during a complete shit show of a season and technically got to play in the Orange Bowl. If it were a real accomplishment, UNC fans wouldn't be talking about his successor right now.

I want you to know I rolled my eyes so hard I got dizzy. UNC finished 4th in the ACC during a complete shit show of a season and technically got to play in the Orange Bowl. If it were a real accomplishment, UNC fans wouldn't be talking about his successor right now.

He's 70 years old. Of course they're talking about his successor. They also booted a basketball coach two years after winning the ACC COY award and having recruited the core of a team that won the national championship two years later.

He's 70 years old. Of course they're talking about his successor. They also booted a basketball coach two years after winning the ACC COY award and having recruited the core of a team that won the national championship two years later.

turftoega has obviously stolen Biff's password...

Your Orange Bowl comment was made in response to someone claiming his results have sucked, and it very obviously needs context. To be clear, I don't think he has "sucked" at UNC this time. He's 18-13 over 2.5 seasons. 13-10 in the ACC. That's not bad, and it's also not "Mack is Back" level good. Clawson has never had a winning season in the ACC, but he will this year barring something extraordinary.

Mack's in his third year "back". He's 18-13. He finished his last term at UNC going 35-12 over his last 4 years.

At this point it's a coin flip as to whether he'll get his team to bowl eligibility, and that's with Georgia State and Wofford on the schedule.

Do Biff and TheReff still get together for Mack Brown viewing parties ?

I mean I'm not interpreting that quote wrong, correct? Mack is saying that Wake being undefeated at this point is a modern day miracle and somebody else will almost certainly catch up to them to win the ACC instead?

That was my interpretation. I wouldn't expect much different from an opposing coach. Yeah, Wake 4-0 is much different than Clemson 4-0. Mack has to keep his fans optimistic. He's not playing Wake in-conference. He's not staring up in the standings at 4-0 Wake. He's only looking at 1-0 Pitt. UNC is 2-3, but if they beat Miami, Pitt, and State, 5-3 could win the Coastal.

Talking about UNCCH, Brown also says, “But as far as one team being up and another one struggling a little bit, that doesn’t change who we are.” He is also saying that we’re still mighty Carolina but struggling only a little bit. This is a classic Wizard of Oz schtick.

Coastal and Cincy are both overranked but it will all play out.

On Reddit I asked a Coastal guy if they had any starters who weren't transfers. The only one he could think of is the QB. Don't know if that's a fact but it was interesting.

I wish there was an easy way to see how many drives have ended in the 50-55 yard FG range and Clawson has chosen to not kick the FG with Sciba. I really don't think there's been very many, and those that have it's been obvious that we should go for it on 4th down. Maybe Clawson really doesn't trust Sciba from 50+, but I think it's more likely a lack of opportunities than anything.

I'd like to see him hit one from 50+. It would shut up a lot of detractors and show the pros he's got promise.

Back