• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

I don't go to the stadium or turn on the TV to watch guys go to physics lab. I don't give a crap if it's a great school. I want to watch Wake Forest play good football teams and there's no reason we should limit ourselves to teams in the Top 50 academically when putting together out OOC schedule.

BTW, Texas, Georgia, Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Purdue, and Maryland are ranked ahead of UW in by USNWR.

I was just naming good P5 schools off the top of my head, didn't consult US News. But I'm fine playing all those except Maryland, because fuck those guys.

I also said I'm fine with any P5 schools other than a handful like Rutgers, Vandy or any of the incoming BXII schools.

List of P5 schools that WF has never played:

Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Cal, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Mizzou, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, UCLA, USC, Utah, Washington, Wash St.

I didn't include the new Big 12 teams (because I don't care about them) and I may have missed a few teams. But interesting that there's only one P5 private school we've never played (USC).

Would be cool to schedule some of these (not Bama or OSU) in the near future.

I would much rather travel to Nashville for the weekend than go to a game at Liberty or Old Dominion.

I would think most people would agree with this; however, that's not really the choice

the ACC says we must schedule a P5 game (or ND) every year. Next year, @Vandy is our only P5 game, along with home games against Liberty, Army, and VMI. Barf. So for next year, the choice is between going to Vandy or going to any other P5 non-con destination.

I would much rather travel to Nashville for the weekend than go to a game at Liberty or Old Dominion.

Me too.

But I don't want to drive six hours to sit in a mostly empty stadium for a game against a bad football team that everyone on TV is referring to as The Egghead Bowl.

I don't go to the stadium or turn on the TV to watch guys go to physics lab. I don't give a crap if it's a great school. I want to watch Wake Forest play good football teams and there's no reason we should limit ourselves to teams in the Top 50 academically when putting together out OOC schedule.

BTW, Texas, Georgia, Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Purdue, and Maryland are ranked ahead of UW in by USNWR.

Well presumably the idea is that we are more likely to be competing for recruits against schools at a similarly high academic level, and beating them in football is good for recruiting. But yeah, I get your overall point that it really doesn't matter that much.

Well presumably the idea is that we are more likely to be competing for recruits against schools at a similarly high academic level, and beating them in football is good for recruiting. But yeah, I get your overall point that it really doesn't matter that much.

We're not really competing for recruits against the list of schools that Barca had: USC, UCLA, Cal, UW, Michigan, Northwestern, UF

hopefully the Vandy games in the future won't be last game of the season like how they used to try and make it some rivalry week thing

We're not really competing for recruits against the list of schools that Barca had: USC, UCLA, Cal, UW, Michigan, Northwestern, UF

I agree, was just stating a reason the AD may consider the academic level of potential opponents when making a schedule. It's more relevant for playing teams like Vanderbilt etc

Me too.

But I don't want to drive six hours to sit in a mostly empty stadium for a game against a bad football team that everyone on TV is referring to as The Egghead Bowl.

I intend to fly, and I imagine the full bars/venues will make up for the mostly empty stadium.

The Show Pony was pulling for an undefeated Wake season on ESPNU this morning.

I mean, be honest about who we're actually competing against for recruits.

I mean, be honest about who we're actually competing against for recruits.

We love poaching recruits from Kent State...

Recently, it seems like we recruit most often against UVA and NC State. That said, WF has a broad recruiting footprint; so, WF recruits against a lot of schools: against BC for Northeastern kids; against UVA and VT for VA recruits; NC State for NC kids; S. Carolina for SC recruits, and against everyone for Florida and GA recruits

what does this mean

Chris Childers, aka the "Show Pony," on the Full Ride radio show with "The Coach," Rick Neuheisel, on ESPNU Radio said he would like to see Wake Forest have an undefeated football season.

Do you need more details?

Chris Childers, aka the "Show Pony," on the Full Ride radio show with "The Coach," Rick Neuheisel, on ESPNU Radio said he would like to see Wake Forest have an undefeated football season.

Do you need more details?

no I just didn't know what the show pony was

Back