• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022-23 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

That release from Huggins lawyer is somewhat damning for WVU if they didn’t actually get a signed resignation letter, or anything other than the text from his wife.

Couldn’t happen to a classier coach or a more prestigious university of higher learning. I wish all parties well

Wow this is a shit show

Notwithstanding any response, and in no uncertain terms, the University will not accept Mr. Huggins’ revocation of his resignation, nor will it reinstate him as head coach of the men’s basketball program. Moreover, if Mr. Huggins or his counsel attempts to publicly suggest that he somehow did not resign and retire from his position, please be advised that the University will swiftly and aggressively defend itself from these spurious allegations.
We look forward to learning who is actually representing Mr. Huggins and his position on the matter. Until we hear such confirmation from all of his various lawyers, we will not be continuing any further communications.

People keep saying Huggins is this great guy…. Seems like a jackass to me

And yet, it’s not. There is a reason why things are laid out legally that both sides have to do, and this is it. Hopefully WVU got the signature needed.
Doesn't matter. After the radio show incident he was on a zero tolerance policy. Can be fired for cause.

I think it’s two things:

Seemingly loves his players (remember the time the dude tore his ACL near the end of an NCAA game and Huggy was in the floor with him?)

And

He was tight with Skip.

I'm not sure about that. Skip visited him in the hospital following his heart attack and Huggins expressed both surprise and gratitude.

Colombus Dispatch Article on Skip's Passing

That's why he never had an enemy in the coaching ranks. Everybody liked Prosser. Even when he was at Xavier and Bob Huggins was at arch-rival Cincinnati, the two coaches were close friends. They had shared roots and values. Huggins is from Morgantown, W.Va., and Prosser was from Pittsburgh. They appreciated hard work because they grew up with hard workers all around them.

I've never been a Huggins fan, and in today's world, both of his unforced errors are 100% inexcusable, but it seems pretty clear he and Skip were friends back in the day.

I think it’s two things:

Seemingly loves his players (remember the time the dude tore his ACL near the end of an NCAA game and Huggy was in the floor with him?)

And

He was tight with Skip.
yeah, i remember specifically that injury when people praise huggins but i remember even feeling at the time that it was not genuine

probably viewed the whole thing through hater glasses -- if coach k did the same thing i'm not gonna think he's a good dude

yeah, i remember specifically that injury when people praise huggins but i remember even feeling at the time that it was not genuine

probably viewed the whole thing through hater glasses -- if coach k did the same thing i'm not gonna think he's a good dude
That's because K would definitely be out there looking sympathetic but quietly asking if the kid could still set a couple of illegal screens before heading to the locker room.

Back