• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022-23 Men's Basketball Schedule

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
ACC schedule out today:

DateOpponent
Friday, Dec. 2At Clemson
Tuesday, Dec. 20Duke
Saturday, Dec. 31Virginia Tech
Wednesday, Jan. 4At North Carolina
Saturday, Jan. 7At Louisville
Wednesday, Jan 11Florida State
Saturday, Jan. 14At Boston College
Tuesday, Jan. 17Clemson
Saturday, Jan. 21Virginia
Wednesday, Jan. 25At Pitt
Saturday, Jan. 28NC State
Tuesday, Jan. 31At Duke
Saturday, Feb. 4At Notre Dame
Tuesday, Feb. 7North Carolina
Saturday, Feb. 11Georgia Tech
Saturday, Feb. 18At Miami
Wednesday, Feb. 22At NC State
Saturday, Feb. 25Notre Dame
Tuesday, Feb. 28Boston College
Saturday, March 4At Syracuse

Is it just me or does Wake play Duke over winter break much more often than you'd expect? I'm too lazy to go back and check but it seems like WF plays Duke at home quite often in late December or early January. Wish the students had the opportunity to be on campus and at the game.

Is it just me or does Wake play Duke over winter break much more often than you'd expect? I'm too lazy to go back and check but it seems like WF plays Duke at home quite often in late December or early January. Wish the students had the opportunity to be on campus and at the game.

at Duke:
1/9/21
1/11/20
1/13/18
1/5/12

home vs Duke:
1/12/22
1/8/19
1/6/16
1/7/15

Wish the students had the opportunity to be on campus and at the game.

They have decisions to make to control the uncontrollable and foresee that which cannot be foreseen and not attend their kids soccer games that nobody cares about or go to the Duke game that nobody cares about.

I think I got that right.

Wow. So 6 out of the last 7 years, Wake and Duke have played during the first two weeks of January.

I studied abroad Spring 06 and remember driving up to W-S just for the Duke game at the start of the semester. That was the infamous Strickland failed reverse dunk game.

Wow I'm so shocked were playing duke at home with no students on campus. Totally not planned at all.

I studied abroad Spring 06 and remember driving up to W-S just for the Duke game at the start of the semester. That was the infamous Strickland failed reverse dunk game.
I don't know what the hell you are talking about, that game doesn't exist.

Wow. So 6 out of the last 7 years, Wake and Duke have played during the first two weeks of January.

Many years ago, it was 'revealed' that ESPN liked to get some of the crappy dook games out of the way (read that as them playing the bottom of the league), so there is your answer. Want to play them in late Jan or Feb, be better (and not random surprise better, top 25 preseason better).

Yeah. I remember. That's why Clemson used to play Duke early every year. I just didn't realize it was 6 out of 7 years.

What exactly is the conspiracy here? That Duke is afraid of playing in the Joel so ESPN schedules that game for Christmas break annually?

That maybe we won’t use the motorcycle at that game. Turns out Scheyer has smoke allergies too.

Hah, the motorcycle is totally it. He hates the motorcycle.

You know somebody just yelled at him, or his wife heard a bad word or whatever so he called the ACC office and said "never again when the Wake students are there" or similar.

Idk how you can predict wins this year with a whole new team. Give it 4-5 games before we jump to conclusions

"No excuses...When we'd lose a Little League game, my mom would say, `You can't win `em all," and my father's mantra was, `It doesn't say that in the rule book.' And it doesn't. You can win them all...And that was how he approached things. You didn't make excuses - injuries, sickness, whatever. You kept striving to win." - Skip Prosser

Sounds like excuses to me, wakefan1995.

"No excuses...When we'd lose a Little League game, my mom would say, `You can't win `em all," and my father's mantra was, `It doesn't say that in the rule book.' And it doesn't. You can win them all...And that was how he approached things. You didn't make excuses - injuries, sickness, whatever. You kept striving to win." - Skip Prosser

What?

So we’re going to win them all then!

Back