• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Y'all better win this one out because we're gonna cheat so fucking much in Games 6 and 7 at home lmaooooo

By the way, I thought the 7th inning stretch guy was good. Moving rendition of God Bless America (But Not Those Injuns).

Astros are the team now in a pitching bind now that they used Urquidy in game 5 to stave off elimination. Lucas going on only 3 days rest after throwing 72 pitches on Friday night while Braves have a well rested Fried who I think will come out trying to prove he is better than he has shown in has last 2 big game matchups in NLCS and WS. Fried might not have a dominant pitch, but think he is smart and will attack the Astro hitters better the 2nd time around as he clearly got in a groove after his rough first 2 innings striking out 6. I think that bodes well for his confidence and hoping for a much stronger start and 5-6 innings to hopefully get to the shutdown guys.

Should be fun. Assume if Astros pull out game 6 that hand the ball back to Greinke again on a short rest which has to put the odds on a Braves win in one of next 2 given how Ian looked his last outting and he would have a full 4 days rest.

It sucks we couldn't close out in atl, but going into 2 bullpen games, we needed a split.

It sucks we couldn't close out in atl, but going into 2 bullpen games, we needed a split.

This. As excited as I was that we won Saturday night I was thinking how were we going to win another bullpen game the next day. I feel good about the Braves closing it out tonight. However, if they lose tonight... I won't be as confident going into a game 7.

Everyone is spot on. Just like losing 2/3 in LA sucked, we know we just needed to win 1 and we did. We needed to win one of those bullpen games and we did.
I also won't feel good if we don't close it out tonight. Thankfully, Max looked good after the first last time out. He's gotta settle down earlier today though. We get an extra hitter tonight but so do they.

Yeah. Without the benefit of hindsight since who knows how the next one or two games will go, I liked how Snit handled things. I would have absolutely hated pitching Max on short rest, seemed like a recipe for a guaranteed game 7. The slam was fun but going to Minter as a pivot to either the A-squad if we kept a lead or the B-squad if we didn't was smart. And we didn't, so we didn't tax any arms we didn't need to. Now we have the whole staff 100% ready and rested for the final push. What's sad is that we should have been handing the ball to Charlie Morton on full rest at home to close it out if it weren't for that freak injury. Ah well. Houston is all over the place pitching-wise, but if they keep hitting it might not matter. Should be a great finish.

I think this first inning is huge. If Fried can get through it relatively unscathed I think he goes deep into game and starts to roll. If not going to be a loonnnnggg night….

Ha, well I guess you just have to stomp on Max's leg and refuse to review a clear out to wake Max up. Goddamn.

Back