• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Nice start for Tucker. This kid looks like he has good stuff especially if he gets some confidence…

can't let tucker go further i don't think.

Was just thinking same. He doesn’t appear terribly sharp and with his spot up in order and Chavez, Smyly and minter in bullpen I would look to them to get us another 4 innings.

Was just thinking same. He doesn’t appear terribly sharp and with his spot up in order and Chavez, Smyly and minter in bullpen I would look to them to get us another 4 innings.

Wasted an out hitting Tucker and bringing him back in is huge mistake as he is just not getting ahead of hitters.

Really stupid not to pull Tucker when he got 2 on in the 2nd. Letting him hit and botch the 3rd is unforgivable if they come back. A rare Snit miss this postseason.

Wasted an out hitting Tucker and bringing him back in is huge mistake as he is just not getting ahead of hitters.

No idea how u make that decision and give him such a long leash for a young guy clearly nowhere near the plate with his off speed stuff. Only strikes were fastballs and everything else in dirt or way out of zone? Horrible decision when so many of bullpen haven’t been used.

Only braves could hit a grand slam in 1st at home and then give up lead in 2 innings. You can’t afford poor coaching now and we just got it.

Seriously what is Snit thinking there? He wasn’t sharp his first two, he hasn’t pitched in 4 months, his spot in order came up, everyone is available except Wright with an off day tomorrow. Such a bonehead decision.

But Dansby make the freaking routine play.

I would see if Chavez get could get another inning but pull him immediately if a walk or hit and let Smyly see if he can show he has similar effectiveness as he did against Dodgers. Just really astonishing why Tucker put back out there knowing you have a Smyly who has to be feeling confident and only need to get 2-3 innings.

I like going to minter here. He didn’t pitch yesterday and has only pitched 1 inning the last 4 days and is off tomorrow. I would try to get him through 6 and then Matzek for 2 with Will to close and Luke if any pitcher struggles. Much like game 4 vs Dodgers.

Back