• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Travis!!!!!

He has really been hitting well last few games as he had the double earlier in game and then HR in game 2 along with another hit. Would be great if we start to see the ole Darnaud that was such a threat at plate before injury.

The shift grrrr

I hate the shift when you know other team is just trying to get bat on ball. Also seems horrible for Smith as he can’t really risk pitching on outside of plate to righties as that helps them push it to open side??? And a pitcher has to be able to work both sides of the plate to be effective? Just overthinking.

Will be worse for me when Will Smith enters (assuming Matzek remains dominant).

Didn’t want to jinx this before he came in but will smith has not allowed a run this postseason. He’s been nothing short of great.

Get at least one of these next 2 with the bullpen games and then you've got fried and Anderson for the win

Last edited:
That was a bad shift and a dansby-get-out-of-the-way bloop away from a WS no hitter. Incredible.

Didn’t want to jinx this before he came in but will smith has not allowed a run this postseason. He’s been nothing short of great.

To add - only 7 base runners in 9 innings. Will Smith’s Wild Ride has been pretty calm this postseason.

You are absolutely correct but he lost my trust early in the season and I just can't get past it.

You are absolutely correct but he lost my trust early in the season and I just can't get past it.

Will has really turned up his focus and pitching great and confidently as not giving in to hitters when he gets a couple of balls. His turnaround from target season is a big reason Bravos are here and up 2-1…

To add - only 7 base runners in 9 innings. Will Smith’s Wild Ride has been pretty calm this postseason.

He has been really good during the postseason, no question. His save numbers weren't bad during the regular season. I just have an irrational expectation that he is going to blow every lead. Part of it is the sheer power and dominance of Matzek, then watching Smith try to finesse his way through the 9th. Again, I know the numbers don't back up my lack of confidence.

Huge wasted opportunity. Will probably come back to haunt us. I am so damn tired of watching our hitters swing at pitches low and outside. Other than Freddie, almost zero plate discipline.

How can you expect them to have any plate discipline when the low and outside pitches are being called strikes?

Back