• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

I am not sure why but I find it hilarious everyone is reporting the Dodgers made a MUTLIYEAR offer to Freeman. You mean it was not a one year offer? No shit.

I trust AA. If Freddie leaves then it was in the best long-term interest of the Braves.
This is where I am also.

I love Freddie but 6 year deals for 32 year olds don't have a great track record. I'd love to have him back but I trust Alex if he thinks he can improve the team elsewhere.

Sooooooooo tired of checking twitter every 90 seconds for Freddie Freeman news. This is torture.

Good lord, me too! At this point it's just FF taking his sweet ass time.

Same here. I'm surprised it's dragging on this long. That doesn't seem to favor the Braves, but that's just my gut.

Surely today is the day?

We haven't lost a division and we won the WS. Let's keep it here because it's baseball and I'm superstitious.

Love Matt Olson. Demon Deac in the trade to the A's. Hard to fathom Freddie Freeman wearing another uniform.

So Freddie to the Dodgers probably? Man, I'd much rather see him to go to an AL team, just because.

In 2022 and 2023, Olson is arbitration eligible (which is why the A's wanted to deal him, he made $5 million last year). Olson would be a FA in 2024.

A lot of emotions right now. I think I get it as a baseball move, and maybe Freeman just wanted to play in California, but the idea of him playing for the fucking Dodgers makes me want to die.

Back