• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

The fellas are finding ways. Ozzie’s stick is exploding. Come on Dixie boy.

Some notable things have happened since I said we were bad AT THAT MOMENT. Most notable are the following: Harris coming up, Ozuna not playing as much, Contreras and Travis DHing when they aren’t playing instead of a black hole, Strider entering the rotation, etc. A lot happened to change the team.

Also, Ozzie is definitively not raking right now. Yes, he had a huge grand slam but he is far and away having his worst offensive season.

Some notable things have happened since I said we were bad AT THAT MOMENT. Most notable are the following: Harris coming up, Ozuna not playing as much, Contreras and Travis DHing when they aren’t playing instead of a black hole, Strider entering the rotation, etc. A lot happened to change the team.

Also, Ozzie is definitively not raking right now. Yes, he had a huge grand slam but he is far and away having his worst offensive season.

Agree, Ozzie and Duval are by far the weak links on this offense - but that is not holding them back right now. Moving to Dansby to batting 2nd is paying huge dividends, and he is headed for an All-Star appearance. Dansby is polarizing to Braves fans, which I don't get, while I do, he can strike out a lot - but he is getting so many pitches that teams can't shift on him anymore.
They showed a stat last night - for SS's -
.280, 3rd in NL
7 HR's tied 2nd
29 RBIS, 4th
Outs above average - 6, 1st.
I love the Harris at 9, Acuna at 1, Dansby at 2 - that is ELITE speed (with those 3, an SB is always in play as well as an extra base on a routine hit - LOL Acuna from first last night), and if Riley and Olson can't have a huge rbi totals - thats on them.

Couple more games like this and Duvall is off my shit list

Oh not being critical of you Braves fandom. Encouraging the appreciation of a season’s evolution. Streak continues.

How great does Contreras look at the plate? Contreras, Wright, and Harris (and maybe Strider) looking like possible cheap impact players.

Soroka throwing 95 in bullpen, and set to rehab within a month. Hopefully back around the all-star break. Yates & Matzek back before too long. And hopefully a revamped Rosario who can actually see. And who knows what wizardry AA will pull off this year. Watch out!

Soroka throwing 95 in bullpen, and set to rehab within a month. Hopefully back around the all-star break. Yates & Matzek back before too long. And hopefully a revamped Rosario who can actually see. And who knows what wizardry AA will pull off this year. Watch out!

I expect him to flip Ozuna for something valuable by eating some money which the Braves are basically printing by the millions at the moment.

Ozuna's really had a baffling decline. Was so great in 2020 (and 2017 w Miami) but now he's a well below average hitter. And his defense is abysmal.

Strasburg back to the IL (where has has lived since the 2019 W-S). So, Braves don't face Stras tomorrow. He has pitched 30 innings since 2019. The Nats owe Stras $35 million a year through 2026... Ouch.

Man that really sucks. Would imagine we bring Gosselin up again and try and make it until the trade deadline with him and Arcia.

Man that really sucks. Would imagine we bring Gosselin up again and try and make it until the trade deadline with him and Arcia.

I’m with you on Gosselin. I think there may be an issue though because Ozzie may not have to go on the 60 day IL and Gosselin is not currently on the 40 man roster.

Ozzie has been my favorite player since the moment he came up and I’m 100% sure that he is the spark plug for this team even when he’s scuffling. Hoping for a quick recovery.

Strasburg back to the IL (where has has lived since the 2019 W-S). So, Braves don't face Stras tomorrow. He has pitched 30 innings since 2019. The Nats owe Stras $35 million a year through 2026... Ouch.

Are you still feeling good about the quick rebuild?

Get Albies back by August 30 (or sooner) and he plays the final 32 games.

Go 20-12 or better, make playoffs, win World Series again.

I actually like Gosselin as a utility player. Surprised he didn't make a MLB roster at the beginning of the season. I would imagine universal DH had something to do with it. Still, unless Arcia can keep hitting .300, that's a pretty big drop off from Ozzie to Gosselin/Arcia.

Last edited:
It must be asked: Will the Braves ever lose again?

Braves are on a mega-heater, but the Nats failed to put out a competitive team in either game. On Monday, because of the rain-delay, the Nats elected to not pitch the schedule starter Josiah Gray who already beat the Braves this year, and Gray is the only WSH starter with a winning record. Also, the game before, the Nats used both of the bullpen long-men; so, the Nats had to pitch their bottom of bullpen guys, who naturally all were lit up.

Then, last night, because the Strasburg went on the DL and with the bullpen in tatters, the Nats brought a AAA pitcher, Jackson Tetrault for his MLB debut; Tetrault is not even ranked prospect in their system, and of course, Tetrault got hammered.... oh, Soto also missed his first game of the year last night with a knee injury. Going to the game tonight, and the Nats' ace, Eric Fedde (yikes) is hurling. Fedde has to go at least 6 innings, even if he has given up 20 runs to get there. The Nats are out of options. The over has easily hit on the first two games of the series, and it's a sound play tonight again.

Last edited:
Back