• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

I also love the high tops in front of the Chophouse. It is all personal preference though. I love outfield seats in general, but like to move around if I am there for a series.

I like the front row of sections 233-237 and 218-216.

Dansby to the Cubs for a reported 7 year $177M.

Hate to see him go but good for him. Glad we didn't give him that contract.

Yeah. We love him but in reality he had one good year. Good defender but I think last year was the outlier offensively and defense at SS will get worse as he ages.

No surprise at this point. We extended Murphy for 6/$73mil with a $15 mil club option.

Chip Carey to STL. A little sad but hopeful we replace him with someone who actually understands baseball.

We got our new play-by-play guy. I don’t know who he is, but he apparently used to be the GT guy, has voiced Madden, and does Big 10 stuff. Seems to be a big Braves fan.

We got our new play-by-play guy. I don’t know who he is, but he apparently used to be the GT guy, has voiced Madden, and does Big 10 stuff. Seems to be a big Braves fan.
Not exactly inspiring resume. Bally making the decision is even less encouraging.

Not exactly inspiring resume. Bally making the decision is even less encouraging.
Bally gotta save that $$$, had to go with the B team. I would have elevated one of the radio guys, but whatever.

Ben Ingraham would be great, but he prefers to stay with radio, it'sreported. He's mighty good at it. While we're at it, I used to like Joe Simpson on the TV side, but he got a little too OWG for me...and I'm an OWG...calendrically.

Ben Ingraham would be great, but he prefers to stay with radio, it'sreported. He's mighty good at it. While we're at it, I used to like Joe Simpson on the TV side, but he got a little too OWG for me...and I'm an OWG...calendrically.
Joe is great on the radio though. I would’ve been fine with trying him out back on TV.

someone help me understand the strategy around this new pickoff limitation....i'm intrigued. You can throw over twice in an at-bat, but if you throw a third time, it's either successful (out) or a balk, right? Seems like this is going to create a lot more stolen base opportunities. Was that the goal?

also spring training games start friday, so time for a new thread @YoungBuck95

someone help me understand the strategy around this new pickoff limitation....i'm intrigued. You can throw over twice in an at-bat, but if you throw a third time, it's either successful (out) or a balk, right? Seems like this is going to create a lot more stolen base opportunities. Was that the goal?

If I could explain the reasoning then I would. I’m just as baffled as you.

New thread or change of title? Your wish is my command.

Back