• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

I agree with all of that on Folty. HR/9 is huge for him.

Small sample size obviously, but his fastball was around 89-91 mph the other night. With his HR problems, that isn’t going to work well.

Flowers and D’Arnaud both out with Covid-symptoms. Nice

Flowers and D’Arnaud both out with Covid-symptoms. Nice

Not good when COVID hits more than one at a position. The Braves starting catcher will be Alex Jackson who is still looking for that elusive first MLB hit. He is currently 0 for 13.

0 runs 3 hits in our first NL game with a DH sucks, but it was also degrom pitching so no reason to get too worked up over that.

I didn’t have much fun yesterday. And it much today until half an hour ago.

I thought I would despise the new extra inning rule, but I gotta say that was pretty fun.

Folty’s velocity dip concerns me more than losing this game. His fastball was topping at 91 mph

lolbraves

At what point does the development/training/whatever you want to call it of our pitchers come into question? Julio lost velocity at an alarming rate, and Folty isn’t showing his 94-97 self.

Julio has a ton of innings on his arm, his velocity dropping made some sense even though he is still young. Folty having the same thing happen is a problem, but shouldn’t be related considering the change in GM and a lot of corresponding changes to coaching/development staff

Back