• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Is it so wrong to hope that every other eastern team has COVID issues and the Braves get to play only the Mets the rest of the season?

Mets banking on season being canceled.

Cespedes went AWOL until agent advised team during the game that he opted out.

It's pretty hard to get 10 hits and no runs honestly. Impressive.

It's pretty hard to get 10 hits and no runs honestly. Impressive.

Indeed. Who was it that recently scored in an extra inning without an official AB? Strange stuff this season.

Needs to get deeper into games but agreed. Get those walks down & he’ll be able to go further.

Looks like Mike’s achilles just exploded. Not good.

Ok Manfred go ahead and cancel this shit now

Just like KD's injury. He tweaked it last time out and tore it tonight.

Can't make a trade with the season on the brink. Get Wright, Toukki, Anderson, and Wilson a ton of innings and experience. Season pretty much over.

They just showed the clip of it during the Yankees game. That did not look good at all.

There’s really not a better time to get the young guys experience than now. Everybody says at the beginning of the season that the Braves shouldn’t go into the season with the young guys in the roatation due to lack of experience. Time to fix that.

Bryse Wilson is a local kid. He's been called up before. I'd like to see what he's got for several starts. His brother is a LB at State.

Just like KD's injury. He tweaked it last time out and tore it tonight.

Can't make a trade with the season on the brink. Get Wright, Toukki, Anderson, and Wilson a ton of innings and experience. Season pretty much over.

I missed that he tweaked it last game.

I’m not sure he did, but he fell coming off the mound awkwardly after a pitch. Trainers came out and he was ok, but he didn’t look the same to me afterwards.

That’s just so disheartening, for several reasons. You could make the case Soroka was the single mlst valuable piece on this Braves team.

On top of that, you absolutely have to feel for the guy. He’s 22 years old (23 in an hour), and probably already a top 20-25 MLB pitcher. Achilles injuries are problematic, and there’s a real chance he’s never the same guy again, which just sucks so much.

Back