• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Hopefully that walk that started the 4 run rally by Markakis gets him going that was a nice at bat there

This is really a dangerous lineup one through nine can hurt you

Dang Tomlin, maybe mid 80s down the middle ain’t a great idea vs the top offense in baseball.

You don’t mess around in games like this. Tomlin should have never been in there.

Let’s close this one down & hope this momentum from this inning doesn’t carry over.

You don’t mess around in games like this. Tomlin should have never been in there.

This is why Snit will never be an all time great coach. Tomlin has no business being in there with all of the other great arms in our bullpen. He literally just tries to paint around strike zone hoping folks swing, but Dodgers are too disciplined and wait for the strikes which is BP with Tomlin. You can say no big deal as Bravos got win, but the Dodgers got some momentum which I will be shocked doesn’t carry over into tomorrow.

Games are games. All comes down to how wright pitches tomorrow which will set the new momentum.

We won a game where our Bullpen didn't really pitch that great.

Last edited:
How to make a win feel like not a win:

Step 1: Leave Tomlin in one batter too long
Step 2: Have your all star caliber second baseman make a lazy error

A win is a win, but there’s probably merit to the idea that Dodgers can mentally feed off that ninth inning. Wright needs to be sharp early tomorrow to erase that from memory.

Games are games. All comes down to how wright pitches tomorrow which will set the new momentum.

We won a game where our Bullpen didn't really pitch that great.

My feeling is we need to win one of the next three (hopefully with Wright tonight) and that gives us a chance to go with Fried in game 6 and Ian Anderson in game 7. I felt like we really needed to try and win these first two and we did. I felt like Fox announcers acted like the Dodgers had a 2-0 lead and not the Braves.

Tomlin looked bad and I wish Snit had gone with someone else.... BUT I do not agree with those I saw on twitter saying Snit should have put Melancon in with a 5 run lead. This was a great chance to give him a night off in this crazy playoff series where you have no days off. Hopefully we don't see Tomlin again unless it's in a mop up game.

How to make a win feel like not a win:

Step 1: Leave Tomlin in one batter too long
Step 2: Have your all star caliber second baseman make a lazy error

A win is a win, but there’s probably merit to the idea that Dodgers can mentally feed off that ninth inning. Wright needs to be sharp early tomorrow to erase that from memory.

Yeah, a win may be a win, but that was a very deflating win. Agreed Wright has to be sharp and also add that the Braves have not played from behind all postseason. Hopefully we can get ahead early again, and not put any more pressure on a bullpen that is being reminded they are not invincible.

I really don't think Snit made an egregious mistake last night. Up 5 runs, avoiding using Melancon or another high leverage guy was the correct choice. Options to do that were probably Webb, Tomlin, Greene or Dayton. In hindsight Greene was probably the better choice, but Greene will have a role in the bridge to the bullpen that will likely be needed today and tomorrow.

I have way more complaints about Ozzie's error than the bullpen management. Ozzie played that as though he expected Smith to be slowly jogging to first, and when he realized he didn't have much time, he bobbled the ball. That's the sort of error that's ok in the 4th inning of a regular season game, but it's unacceptable to not have more urgency in the final out of an NLCS game.

Back