• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

Of course we went with a Baylor player, former Rhule guy. Did run a laser timed 4.23

Of course we went with a Baylor player, former Rhule guy. Did run a laser timed 4.23

Seems like a Baylor guy could have been a UDFA but whatever. The draft looks good otherwise. Why not give Rhule one there?

It's amazing how much "value" these "experts" get from their incorrect guesses. This one guy dramatically overrates players compared to where 32 front offices of literally hundreds of football experts and this one guy calls them "underdrafted." If these GMs dare to draft guys outside of his Top 250, he calls those players "overdrafted."

i mean i agree with you that mock drafts can be wildly wrong, but that guy is just giving us a metric of how teams drafted vs the consensus mock drafts to make of it what you will. think of them like recruiting rankings. are they always 100% correct? no? is it more likely that someone that is a 5 or 4 star is better than someone that is a 2 or 3? yes? is it likely that someone that mock drafters think is a 1st or 2nd rounder is better than a 3rd or 4th rounder? i mean probably yes. and there are enough mock drafts out there that i think when you average them together an nfl team breaking far from that is notable, as opposed to just looking at mel's or todd's.

also when a team like the pats drafting a consensus 4th rounder in the 1st, it's not just saying their talent evaluation is so much better, it's saying they shouldn't care that they wasted the pick because they probably could've gotten him in a later round.

i don't totally agree with the methodology above, there should be a tapered weighting to the picks throughout the draft but just a simple/interesting thing to look at postdraft. nobody really knows anything imo

What somebody should be doing is evaluating how well the prognosticators did a few years after the draft

What somebody should be doing is evaluating how well the prognosticators did a few years after the draft

It would be pretty easy to do. Rate players by games played, seasons in the league, stats, career earnings, etc compared to others at their position. See which prognosticators come out best on those metrics.

I like our draft except for Cade Mays who is an underperforming piece of shit cancer, and his dad too.

His dad somehow pinched part of his pinky finger off in a folding chair at a recruiting dinner and ultimately sued the school and everyone else around. Meanwhile, Cade's little brother commits to UT (where their father played) and Cade puts his name in the transfer portal too claiming a toxic environment. He was originally forced to sit a year back when that was the rule, but eventually got a waiver for some unknown reason. Just a huge distraction that created roster uncertainty.

Jut wanted to point out that Ekwonu was the first offensive player picked in the draft.

The first play is from his freshman year late in a 72-point blowout.

Back