• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Football “Way Too Early” Rankings

If I’m Clawson I’d dedicate one GA spot to a high energy young guy who played at a big school and can relate to former 4-5 stars who want PT or a new experience with an opportunity to earn a well respected masters degree.

His only job for the next couple months would be to recruit the portal

Clemson @ WF better be early in the season. Two Top-10 teams go at it.

Is Clawson going to need to give a Rat Poison speech to the team?

Hope not.

They earned this attention by going from
Good to Great. Now it’s about staying Great.

I don't see a rat poison speech as being a bad thing. Just a reminder of how they got where they are and don't let the media convince you that the job is done or that you can slack off.

Nice, this is rare territory for Wake Forest football. We have to make it stick and stay in this company.
Was surprised to not see any NC State mention anywhere. What has happened? No 10th win, I assume.

well if these are all "way too early," plenty of time for the national media to forget about Wake.

Nice, this is rare territory for Wake Forest football. We have to make it stick and stay in this company.
Was surprised to not see any NC State mention anywhere. What has happened? No 10th win, I assume.

Usually if you want to find State, you look for Wake and then look a tier or two lower.

Um *gulp* #5?

I'm all in favor of any and all arguments about Wake being too high in a top 10/15/25 poll at this point in the 2022 season. The fact that Wake is in the conversation is the important point.

I would put Wake/State/Clemson/Pitt all in the 11-15 range. Wake and State in the preseason top 10? Woo buddy, that's ummmm... something

Dabo has already showed his players that “they” think Clemson is going to be the 3rd best team in the Atlantic.

I think Big Game Boomer is a parody account, but I'll take the love!

It's a real/serious account, but it's more of a fan account that likes to make a lot of rankings rather than anything legitimate. 5th in a preseason ranking, fan account or not, is absolutely wild though.

It's a real/serious account, but it's more of a fan account that likes to make a lot of rankings rather than anything legitimate. 5th in a preseason ranking, fan account or not, is absolutely wild though.

That account actually does serious research because it puts together all sorts of lists. The owner probably knows more about coaching staffs and returning players than any AP voter.

He can know his shit while also skewing things for clicks and engagement at the same time.

feels like our biggest narratives should be bringing back hartman and the offense (which i've heard a lot about) and massively upgrading at DC (which i haven't read about at all). getting injured guys (greene, nash, monroe, c.davis) nice too, but not sure if that's compelling

Back