• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (what a shitty end. fuck duke.)

Anybody know where to find the sweet 4K video highlights from last year, particularly the one of Morin catching the deep TD (I believe against Louisville) running right at the camera?

I agree, I think it's somewhere in the ballpark of -3 to -6.5. I don't see us being favored more than a TD against Vandy on the road. Curious to see if the Elon-Vandy game changes anything this weekend but if Vandy puts up another 50+ point win, even againt an FCS team, I think it's maybe closer to a pick em if Hartman is out.

I agree, I think it's somewhere in the ballpark of -3 to -6.5. I don't see us being favored more than a TD against Vandy on the road. Curious to see if the Elon-Vandy game changes anything this weekend but if Vandy puts up another 50+ point win, even againt an FCS team, I think it's maybe closer to a pick em if Hartman is out.

According to Sagarin's "predictor" rating which most closely mirrors LV power ratings:

WF right now is #32 and has 78.09 rating.

Vandy is #100 and 64.11 rating.

Homefield is 2.14.

So, without any adjustment for Hartman's injury, WF would be a 11.5 to 12 point favorite at Vandy. Hartman's absence is probably worth about 3.5 points (which is a ton for a single player). Guessing that if the game was played this weekend, WF would be around an 8 point favorite. Don't think people get how horrible Vandy was last year, and that Hawaii's roster is 30 under the scholarship limit. Hawaii's DL weighed less than some HS d-lines.

If WF somehow struggles with VMI (using predictor, the VMI/WF line should be 38.5), maybe the opening line gets below a TD, but this thread feels like a classic overaction to a week 1 result (Vandy v. Hawaii), which probably revealed a lot more about Hawaii than it did about Vandy. FWIW, if the WF at Vandy line is anything around WF -3, I will pound WF.

Last edited:
Brendon Harris is only new transfer who looks to possibly be starting, and he is listed as an OR

Brendon Harris is only new transfer who looks to possibly be starting, and he is listed as an OR

Kobie Turner has been rotated in with the 1s throughout the scrimmages, I would expect fairly equal snap counts between Turner, Burgan and Tyler Williams. Kevin Pointer has been playing well too. We have a nice set of DTs.

Kobie Turner has been rotated in with the 1s throughout the scrimmages, I would expect fairly equal snap counts between Turner, Burgan and Tyler Williams. Kevin Pointer has been playing well too. We have a nice set of DTs.

Bernard Gooden even gives them a fifth playable DT, even though he's listed at DE.

Would've been nice for Eldrick Robinson II's chances of playing if he'd ... uh, can't report on injuries ... is that clear enough?

Coby Davis hasn't played much safety since the spring. Even last season when he was healthy (first 4 games), he took 103 of 169 snaps at nickel.

I share Thunderbolt's surprise at Hudson over Hazen without even an "OR", but the light *might* have come on for Hudson in the last week or so of camp. That's one position, though, that I think you really have to see it in games to know whether a kid is going to swim or drown.

Seems like Claiborne has serious potential to rise as the season goes on given the reports from camp.

Seems like Claiborne has serious potential to rise as the season goes on given the reports from camp.

Small sample size, but I think the only freshman RB who's impressed me more in his first camp was KW3.

Claiborne is the complete package. Wouldn't be surprised to see him No. 2 in RB rotation by October.

Small sample size, but I think the only freshman RB who's impressed me more in his first camp was KW3.

Claiborne is the complete package. Wouldn't be surprised to see him No. 2 in RB rotation by October.

Is he a homerun hitter (threat to take any carry to the house) like Walker or is more of a grinder like Ellison?

Wow! That seems impressive. This is assuming it is because he is that good and the others aren't playing that bad.

Claiborne ran a 10.61 100m as a high school junior - he's a homerun threat

Definitely more home-run threat than grinder -- but he has enough size and burst to run between the tackles.

Watching the new ACCN show with Mark Packer. I'm ... whelmed. Just a lot of discussion about how the ACC has to prove they can win the big ones. This just in. Packer preaching, "You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?" Not incredibly incisive. I'll give them a chance to hit their stride and surely it will be better when there are actual games to break down. But for now it is not drawing me in.

Watching the new ACCN show with Mark Packer. I'm ... whelmed. Just a lot of discussion about how the ACC has to prove they can win the big ones. This just in. Packer preaching, "You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?" Not incredibly incisive. I'll give them a chance to hit their stride and surely it will be better when there are actual games to break down. But for now it is not drawing me in.

So it’s exactly like every other sports talk show. Got it.

I mean, the season hasn't really even started and they've been talking about it for weeks. Of course they have nothing to say.

I mean, the season hasn't really even started and they've been talking about it for weeks. Of course they have nothing to say.

My first time tuning in. Maybe don't start the show till you have something to say. As I said, maybe they'll hit their stride.

And yes, most sports talk shows are bad. But I'm entertained and enlightened by Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen, PTI, Dusty and Danny, Mad Dog, Ben Maller, Tom Byrne, and on and on. There can be a good formula. I guess this is just kind of par for the ACCN course.

@biff The Athletic predicts Wake to the....Sun Bowl against Washington

and Clemson vs ND Orange and State vs Houston in the Cotton

@biff The Athletic predicts Wake to the....Sun Bowl against Washington

and Clemson vs ND Orange and State vs Houston in the Cotton

So no ACC team in the playoffs ? Or are they high on Miami !?

I guess that means their playoff teams are:

Ohio State
Alabama
Georgia
and . . . Utah ?

Back