• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (what a shitty end. fuck duke.)

This is odd. My first thought was Nike, but Michigan is a Jordan Brand school. I guess that could still work. Or maybe there's some sort of national collective that has emerged to help multiple schools?

giphy.gif

This is odd. My first thought was Nike, but Michigan is a Jordan Brand school. I guess that could still work. Or maybe there's some sort of national collective that has emerged to help multiple schools?

It's this company

https://www.chapelhillnilclub.com/

https://www.collegestationnilclub.com/

https://www.eastlansingnilclub.com/

They've done quite a few teams already and every time it was preceded by all players making a tweet like that. In fact, it appears the website for Wake is already active.

https://www.winstonsalemnilclub.com/

"Initial Commitment Rewards:

$25+ monthly: receive free Jessie Bates III jersey
$100+ monthly: get invited to steak dinner with players this fall"

Last edited:
Je' Vionte' Nash: from Article in W-S Journal

“I think the biggest change is we hang out more together and it wasn’t always that way my first couple of years here,” Nash said. “We had some knuckleheads early on but not anymore, and I think our team GPA is up over 3.0 so that’s been good as well.

“Everybody loves football here. We don’t get into trouble, and we listen to the coaches.”

Nash will play this season and possibly look at the NFL but he’s also got a plan if he doesn’t play pro football.

“I would like to get into helping little kids out so maybe something with that or going into the medical field,” Nash said. “The sky’s the limit.”

Je" Vionte' Nash, from John Dell article in W-S Journal

Je'Vionte' Nash was a member of Clawson’s second full recruiting class. Nash committed to Wake less than 16 months after Clawson started at Wake. He may as well be the team historian at this point.

Here's an indication of how long Nash has been at Wake. The top ranked OL in his recruiting class was Greg Little. Little was drafted in 2019, flamed out with the Panthers, and looking to revive his career with the Dolphins.

Last edited:
Says a lot about the guys Grobe was recruiting at the end too. They weren't very good on the field, in the locker room, or in the classroom.

Says a lot about the guys Grobe was recruiting at the end too. They weren't very good on the field, in the locker room, or in the classroom.

Yeah. The seniors on Nash's freshman year team were Marquel Lee and a bunch of dudes many of us wouldn't remember.

Which is incredibly ironic considering how Grobe went on about dealing with knotheads when he first came on. Guess your standard changes when you don't have a great recruiting strategy and you start to get desperate.

I still don't know what Grobe was talking about when he would mention blowing snot bubbles

Hartman is the #1 returning player in the conference according to ACC Digital Network

I read that our old friend Christian Beal-Smith is injured and will miss at least the first game and maybe the first 2 or 3 with a foot/ankle injury which sounds similar to what hobbled him the last half of our season last year.

I have some concern for him that this will end up looking more like a former q-back we had than the last running back we had. I sure hope not.

Maybe I've missed the thread somewhere - but seems like zero chatter here about fall camp. Feels like in previous years we had threads with practice reports, updates, etc. I'm seeing nothing right now.

I know Clawson is running a tight ship behind closed doors but there has to be some information flying around out there, right?

You can check out Les and Conor's sites for camp reports if that's your thing.

Personally, I find them to be just one dude's opinion and it really doesn't matter much with real games coming up in a few weeks anyway. Aside from injuries, I don't pay attention to them.

Hartman is the #1 returning player in the conference according to ACC Digital Network

Good to see him getting the recognition he deserves. And that "weird offense" was good enough to kick UVa's ass last season.

I have some concern for him that this will end up looking more like a former q-back we had than the last running back we had. I sure hope not.

If at any point you thought he was going to be a Kenny Walker III type player you need your head examined.

If at any point you thought he was going to be a Kenny Walker III type player you need your head examined.

My expectation was that, after the transfer, he would be a solid, not spectacular, #1 or #2 back.

Back