• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (what a shitty end. fuck duke.)

Wake v. Tennessee or Ole Miss would be a 5-hour game.

Can you imagine the complaining coming out of Knoxville if they had a magical season, got left out of the CFP, and wound up playing Wake in the Orange Bowl ?

Ole Miss might have a little bit of a reasonable gripe because they played Pitt last year and have Wake on the future schedule.

The opt-outs by Alabama or Georgia would be enough to fill out a two-deep roster.
They might just pull a Jimbo and opt out altogether.

If there's any way these teams can horse trade and send up to the Cotton Bowl against Tulane they absolutely will.

While there is some trading opportunity available, I don’t believe the Orange Bowl is able to send the ACC rep as that’s the conference’s guaranteed NY6 landing spot.

I would however have an absolute blast at the Cotton Bowl in a Wake-Tulane matchup. I’m sure plenty of people would hate it but that would be a fun time.

Wake v. Tennessee or Ole Miss would be a 5-hour game.

Can you imagine the complaining coming out of Knoxville if they had a magical season, got left out of the CFP, and wound up playing Wake in the Orange Bowl ?

Ole Miss might have a little bit of a reasonable gripe because they played Pitt last year and have Wake on the future schedule.

The opt-outs by Alabama or Georgia would be enough to fill out a two-deep roster.
Can you imagine the excuses if LOWF went down to Miami and poor little Alabama couldn't beat them with their other 4* and 5* recruits?

While there is some trading opportunity available, I don’t believe the Orange Bowl is able to send the ACC rep as that’s the conference’s guaranteed NY6 landing spot.

I would however have an absolute blast at the Cotton Bowl in a Wake-Tulane matchup. I’m sure plenty of people would hate it but that would be a fun time.
There would be some interesting symmetry to Hartman likely ending his WF career against Tulane.

Can you imagine the excuses if LOWF went down to Miami and poor little Alabama couldn't beat them with their other 4* and 5* recruits?

I mean, there's plenty of precedent for Alabama fans complaining that their backups couldn't possibly win a game against another good team.

Plus, that could be our excuse if AT sits our the bowl.

I’d buy so much Tulane Homefield Apparel gear and have a blowout tailgate with Tulane fans. They know how to party.

Wake moved from #30 to #29 in SP+ over the bye week, now rated 11.2 points better than the “average” D1 team, up from 10.9 a week prior. That breaks down to #15 on offense and #70 on defense. I’d guess we are slightly better than that on each side, but taking that at face value let’s check the lines.

The biggest update is State dropping enough that we will likely be favored in each of our last 6 games. Updated line expectations (from SP+):

BC -22 (actual Vegas line -20.5) 92%
@Louisville -4 57%
@ State -1 (has moved from +7 to +2.5 to -1 in 2 weeks) 52%
UNC -8 71%
Syracuse -6 65%
@Duke -10 77%

Odds of winning out to 11-1 based on the above: 9.7%

Let's see Orange Bowl against Alabama or Penn St or Tenn vs. Cotton Bowl against Tulane. I think I know what I would prefer and it's not the Cotton Bowl.

Let's see Orange Bowl against Alabama or Penn St or Tenn vs. Cotton Bowl against Tulane. I think I know what I would prefer and it's not the Cotton Bowl.

Yeah I mean the good news re: avoiding Cotton Bowl is that basically the only way we end up there is Clemson loses a regular season game and wins the ACCCG while Wake wins out and finishes as the top ranked P5 not in a NY6 bowl. Which I think would be close if Wake is 11-1.

Yeah I mean the good news re: avoiding Cotton Bowl is that basically the only way we end up there is Clemson loses a regular season game and wins the ACCCG while Wake wins out and finishes as the top ranked P5 not in a NY6 bowl. Which I think would be close if Wake is 11-1.
I would be happy with any NY6 Bowl.

All these annoying Pac-12 teams around us.

• Oregon to beat UCLA at home; then lose to Utah
  • UCLA to lose at Oregon
  • USC trojans lose "at" UCLA
  • Utah with 2 losses can't jump us. Hmmmmm.....
Ole Miss, TCU and OK State will lose again.

We just need to win out.

Some really quality content on the State boards as their implosion gets underway. Lots of folks bending over backwards to explain why Clawson really isn’t that good. He’s only had one good QB, we can only compete because of the gimmick offense, he wouldn’t be at Wake if he’s actually good, etc. My favorite was the guy who said he’d prefer Chuck Amato over Doeren or Clawson lmao

Some really quality content on the State boards as their implosion gets underway. Lots of folks bending over backwards to explain why Clawson really isn’t that good. He’s only had one good QB, we can only compete because of the gimmick offense, he wouldn’t be at Wake if he’s actually good, etc. My favorite was the guy who said he’d prefer Chuck Amato over Doeren or Clawson lmao
Which good QB? Two of his previous QBs are in the NFL (albeit Hinton at WR). The other is in the CFL.

Which good QB? Two of his previous QBs are in the NFL (albeit Hinton at WR). The other is in the CFL.
I believe the implication was that our current QB is the good one. Several more rational fans did point out that Newman and Wolford were pretty good also.

Anyways it’s pretty amusing that they are trashing our offensive system when they scored 9 points on Saturday.

Back