• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (what a shitty end. fuck duke.)

I see us at #13 and Cuse at #14 but an argument can certainly be made they're undefeated. Also, I think Penn State's loss moves several of us up one spot. These are all good problems to have.

Pretty shocked N.C. State stayed in the poll. Figured the loss on top of Leary news would plummet them out.

A team, that by any justice in this world, should be 3-4 and done for the season. By far the most misleading record of any team in the Top 25.

Pretty shocked N.C. State stayed in the poll. Figured the loss on top of Leary news would plummet them out.

To be replaced by who? Purdue, LSU, UCF? It was a road loss to a ranked team that was close until late.

To be replaced by who? Purdue, LSU, UCF? It was a road loss to a ranked team that was close until late.
Hadn't really researched who should be in instead of them; going off of them being a 2-loss team with a QB who can't score touchdowns, and whose best win ... was a 3-loss FSU choking to it.

State lost at two ranked opponents. Their best win was an FSU team who lost to three ranked opponents and beat one of the teams who could replace State. There may not be 25 good teams this season but State has a top 25 resume.

I was thinking today... if Hartman isn't going to get 1st/2nd round money/contracts from the NFL after this season...

It sure seems like a golden opportunity for somebody (or business) closely affiliated with MSD to break the bank on a splashy ($1MM+) NIL deal.

Looking at you, Don Flow!

imo spending $1mm of NIL money on a 6th year of hartman would not be the most efficient use of that money
If our staff, given the divisions disappearing in 2023, thought we have a shot at a cfp run, it's the smart money move. But I think Sam is moving on... then again.....$1 million ..... interesting topic for sure.

It makes sense on a number of levels.

I obviously want the best for Sam & his career. I'd love for him to shoot back up on NFL Draft boards this season.

but, with that said...

A 6th year for him would (likely) mean:

- All-Time ACC passing leader (needs ~3,000 yards to pass Philip Rivers)

- All-Time ACC touchdown leader (needs 18 to pass Taj Boyd)

- more time for him to assausge NFL Teams concerns on his health (clotting) issues.

He's already locked up his GOAT status at WF, and the man deserves to get paid sooner rather than later.

p.s. it would be so easy for him to drop the word 'flow' in every answer to the press next year. :coffee:

Possible 11-1 regular season and top 10 ranking on the line if this team takes care of business, especially with Leary out now. Can’t ask for much more than that.

Peahead Walker went 2-4 with WF teams ranked in the top 15 (wins over George Washington and Chattanooga, losses to Duke (x3) and William & Mary)

Mackovic and Grobe each went 0-1 with WF teams ranked in the top 15 (Mack lost at Clemson 31-0, Grobe lost the throwaway game to VT 27-6)

Clawson is currently 3-2 with WF teams ranked in the top 15 (wins over Duke and NCST last year and vs Army this year, losses to UNC and at Clemson last year).

So, WF has won more games in the last 13 months as a top 15 team than in their entire previous history, and obviously can hopefully destroy those old marks.

Peahead Walker went 2-4 with WF teams ranked in the top 15 (wins over George Washington and Chattanooga, losses to Duke (x3) and William & Mary)

Mackovic and Grobe each went 0-1 with WF teams ranked in the top 15 (Mack lost at Clemson 31-0, Grobe lost the throwaway game to VT 27-6)

Clawson is currently 3-2 with WF teams ranked in the top 15 (wins over Duke and NCST last year and vs Army this year, losses to UNC and at Clemson last year).

So, WF has won more games in the last 13 months as a top 15 team than in their entire previous history, and obviously can hopefully destroy those old marks.
True, that.

ESPNs current current bowl projection:

Dec. 30

Capital One Orange Bowl

Hard Rock Stadium (Miami Gardens, Florida)
Time TBD, ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Wake Forest vs. Alabama
Schlabach: Wake Forest vs. Ole Miss

ESPNs current current bowl projection:

Dec. 30

Capital One Orange Bowl

Hard Rock Stadium (Miami Gardens, Florida)
Time TBD, ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Wake Forest vs. Alabama
Schlabach:
Wake Forest vs. Ole Miss

Yes please

I remember seasons where, by early 3rd quarter, we could spread out and pretty much have an entire row to ourselves at Groves. We'd look for positive signs while playing a good team's 3rd string lineups and lie to ourselves we're "improving".

Fast forward to we're now all bummed about not being in the CFP conversation because of a double OT loss to a perennial top 4 program and debating a top 10 spot before November.

Getting old sucks in many ways but it also brings beautiful perspective. And what's happening right now is pretty damn beautiful.

Correct me if I'm wrong. The Orange Bowl gets the top SEC or Big Ten program left out of the CFP, Sugar Bowl, and Rose Bowl, most likely Georgia, Ohio State, Tennessee, Michigan, Alabama, Ole Miss, or Penn State.

Wake v. Tennessee or Ole Miss would be a 5-hour game.

Can you imagine the complaining coming out of Knoxville if they had a magical season, got left out of the CFP, and wound up playing Wake in the Orange Bowl ?

Ole Miss might have a little bit of a reasonable gripe because they played Pitt last year and have Wake on the future schedule.

The opt-outs by Alabama or Georgia would be enough to fill out a two-deep roster.

Back