• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (what a shitty end. fuck duke.)

I am going with OK State to lose to TCU this weekend, as big assumption is TCU will lose later on the road at Texas or at Baylor, in-state rivals and all that.

Undefeated in the ACC, sure I guess so. I just don't want UNC having any real hope when we play them.

Since Mack has abused our safety, errr safeties, and beat Clawson the past 2 seasons.
I keep forgetting that they got stomped by a mediocre ND team.

man the Maye hype going into next season will be nauseating. we all thought and were proven right that the Leary hype was annoying and unwarranted, but Maye looks so much better than him. plus, Carolina (esp if they make the ACCCG).

man the Maye hype going into next season will be nauseating. we all thought and were proven right that the Leary hype was annoying and unwarranted, but Maye looks so much better than him. plus, Carolina (esp if they make the ACCCG).
Unfortunately Maye does appear to be actually good, which means this offseason will be less enjoyable than this past one, which I spent laughing at ACC football media (looking at you David Hale) for overhyping Van Dyke and Leary.

Unfortunately Maye does appear to be actually good, which means this offseason will be less enjoyable than this past one, which I spent laughing at ACC football media (looking at you David Hale) for overhyping Van Dyke and Leary.
Yeah. Mitch gonna come prove em all wrong.

I mean Sam Howell was hailed as a Heisman favorite and went 6-7 last year after losing a lot on offense. Next year UNC loses 7 offensive starters, assuming Downs goes pro, including the entire starting OL. Regression incoming.

There is also a real possibility that UNC’s OC, Phil Longo, gets a HC job or someone from the SEC/B1G makes an OC offer that UNC can’t match.

No question the narrative will be "Drake Mays was incredible in his first year as a starter" but "Mitch Griffis is going to struggle in his first year as a starter."

No question the narrative will be "Drake Mays was incredible in his first year as a starter" but "Mitch Griffis is going to struggle in his first year as a starter."
"how do you replace Sam Hartman???" but no "How do you replace Sam Howell???"

Andy Carlton was the starting QB for Wake. Season stats: 51/141, 605 yards, 2 TDs,10 int.
Just looked it up: Armstrong threw 34 passes that year, which given our offense that season was probably 2-3 starts worth. Regardless, that was some ugly football.

Is there any way Leary bails on the season if State drops a few while he’s out or is this considered the end of the road for him?

Is there any way Leary bails on the season if State drops a few while he’s out or is this considered the end of the road for him?

I've seen very little that indicates NFL talent to me. Arm strength appears slightly above average . Then again, I hate NCSU so I'm not exactly objective.

That’s awesome.

I was thinking a highly ranked UNC and a highly ranked State were great opportunities for our team. But now I'm thinking a highly ranked and undefeated Syracuse is the best bet (having beaten Clemson) and then ABC, right?

It's a sure thing that Wake will gain some points by State dropping, but that may not mean much more than creating some distance between #14 and #15.

The big rankings question this week is how much pollsters will drop Penn State for getting blown out in the 2nd half. Penn State is a few spots ahead of Wake.

Back