• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (what a shitty end. fuck duke.)

Kinda tough to get excited about bowl games after the cowardice displayed last year.

It appears that Luiji Vilain has made the Vikings 53 man roster. Luke Masterson has made the LV Radiers 53 man roster, and Ja'Sir Taylor had made the LA Chargers 53 man roster.... Who knew that the WF defense was so stacked last year? FWIW, would not be shocked if Caelen Carson, Gavin Holmes, Malik Mustapha, Rondell Bothroyd also make an NFL roster in the future. Considering how weak the WF defense has been in recent years, doesn't look well on the previous WF defensive staffs.

It appears that Luiji Vilain has made the Vikings 53 man roster. Luke Masterson has made the LV Radiers 53 man roster, and Ja'Sir Taylor had made the LA Chargers 53 man roster.... Who knew that the WF defense was so stacked last year? FWIW, would not be shocked if Caelen Carson, Gavin Holmes, Malik Mustapha, Rondell Bothroyd also make an NFL roster in the future. Considering how weak the WF defense has been in recent years, doesn't look well on the previous WF defensive staffs.

We had 3 NFL defensive players and were still one of the worst defensive teams in the FBS. Just goes to show that firing Lyle was the right move.

So our OOC schedule is:

A Confederacy cosplay school that had a big role in the Civil War

The northern equivalent of the above, and part of America’s war machine

A school named for a robber baron with a military themed mascot

A school founded by one of the worst people in American history and whose graduates might be soldiers in our next Civil War

So our OOC schedule is:

A school founded by one of the worst people in American history and whose graduates might be soldiers in our next Civil War

But how are their running games?!

So our OOC schedule is:

Yep. It’s embarrassing.

Maybe there is some sanity out there:
Transfer windows are coming to college sports.

The Division I Board of Directors officially voted to approve three notification-of-transfer windows, one each for fall sports, winter sports and spring sports.

For college football players specifically, there will be a 45-day window beginning the day after the College Football Playoff field is announced as well as a window from May 1 to May 15. The Board also said there would be “reasonable accommodations made for participants” in the CFP and FCS championship games. They will need to notify their schools in writing during the window.

Basketball players and other winter-sport athletes will have a 60-day window beginning the day after championship selections are made in their sport. Spring-sport athletes will have a window from Dec. 1-15 and a 45-day window that begins the day after championship selections are made in their sport.

Athletes who transfer will also now be guaranteed financial aid at their new school through graduation, the board said. All rule changes are effective immediately.

So our OOC schedule is:

Your consistent triggardness about our OOC schedules always amuses me. Every institution hundreds of years old will have some things done that may not fit in the present time but guess what, there will be things you and I do today that one hundred years from now people will be disgusted by.

Also calling Jerry Falwell the worst person in American history because he has a different ideology than you is quite small minded. Yes, there's some things I disagree with liberty on but they do give and do a lot more for charity than wake forest who just keeps adding on to their billion dollar tax free endowment whilst jacking up tuition every year

Your consistent triggardness about our OOC schedules always amuses me. Every institution hundreds of years old will have some things done that may not fit in the present time but guess what, there will be things you and I do today that one hundred years from now people will be disgusted by.

Also calling Jerry Falwell the worst person in American history because he has a different ideology than you is quite small minded. Yes, there's some things I disagree with liberty on but they do give and do a lot more for charity than wake forest who just keeps adding on to their billion dollar tax free endowment whilst jacking up tuition every year

meh, my wife is from Lynchburg so I'm good on being lectured about how much Liberty does not suck.

Wake Forest should be embarrassed and ashamed for voluntarily scheduling Liberty University in any sport, especially the one that will give them the biggest spotlight and revenue opportunity.

Jerry Falwell is not the worst person in American history. There were nearly identical snake oil salesmen before him and there continue to be plenty after him. But he was an awful person who made the world a worse place for the most vulnerable, and who contributed to the anti-intellectual movement that we see growing today, which will almost surely result in widespread violence. What we have seen is just a taste. Falwell literally blamed the 9/11 terrorist attacks on gays and secular schools. Such an asinine, moronic, and dangerous comment should be career ending. It's one example of many. The world is a better place now that he's dead, and the world would be a better place if Liberty University did not exist.

Guess what? There are plenty of people who live in Winston that think Wake sucks due to experiencing elitist attitudes

sure, but there aren't a bunch of people around the country who hate us for that. don't think there are any podcasts or major news exposes on our past presidents, either.

Help me understand why I should not max bet Deacs -31 tonight. VMI lost to Kent St in their las P5 game by 50. When was the last time they covered 31 against a P5 opponent?

Help me understand why I should not max bet Deacs -31 tonight. VMI lost to Kent St in their las P5 game by 50. When was the last time they covered 31 against a P5 opponent?

The only reasons I can think of is 1) We're starting a very inexperienced QB that really hasn't looked that great in the limited action he has had, and 2) If we get up big early, our 3-4's might be on the field really early and VMI could back door cover. However yeah, we should be able to win by more than 31 if we want to. Clawson isn't as bad as Grobe was about taking the foot off the gas, but he doesn't like to embarrass people either. Having head coached at 2 FCS schools, he's got soft spot for for them.

Unless VMI changes for this game, they play super-high tempo offense.

There should be a ton plays for each team and lots of scoring opportunities. VMI has a new DC; so, the Keydets may not be fully comfortable with the new scheme.

Yeah, I saw that. The o/u 67 is very tricky though, as it depends so heavily on how much Clawson wants to score and the total unknown of our "revamped" defense. If we go the way of UNC last week, the game probably goes to 80, but I'm hoping for something like a 52-10 win.

So our OOC schedule is:

Fuck Liberty, in particular, but all of those schools have an OOC schedule including an institution that
was a full participant in the slave economy

Yeah, I saw that. The o/u 67 is very tricky though, as it depends so heavily on how much Clawson wants to score and the total unknown of our "revamped" defense. If we go the way of UNC last week, the game probably goes to 80, but I'm hoping for something like a 52-10 win.

I saw the O/U at 67.5 and hesitated too. Seems too high for my taste in this particular game. This game feels more like a "let's get the new QB comfortable and also not show much of anything crazy on film" kind of game. That likely means way under 67.5 I feel like, but who really knows.

Back