• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (what a shitty end. fuck duke.)

Hill is all GA, can bring blankets, cushions, no metal in sideline or camp seats, no outside food or drink. Earplugs for speakers

Regarding the “no outside food or drink” they do not check the clear bags very thoroughly, at least not when you bring in a brood of small children.

Can you bring diaper bags or do the clear bags have to hold that stuff?

Can you bring diaper bags or do the clear bags have to hold that stuff?

Has to be clear, but when it’s full of diapers and blankets etc security isn’t making people empty them out. Maybe that’s just security on the hill side.

Last seasons LB coach, Greg Jones, was kept on the staff for this season as an analyst, after being removed from his role as a position coach. However it seems last month he left Wake for ODU to be their new assistant offensive line coach.

Further evidence of our defensive woes being scheme/coaching and not lack of talent on that side of the ball…

Clawson made two interesting comments about WR in his presser. First, he said they have 5 starting WR. We knew he thinks of Morin and Williams as co-starters. He also included Banks and said play calls don’t depend on personnel so they’re just as likely to call a play when Banks is in for Perry and Green. That’s good.

Second, he said in 2019 that the WRs weren’t ready when Sage and Washington were injured. Those WRs were Perry and Green. He seemed to say both comments about getting Hensley ready if his time comes.

Clawson made two interesting comments about WR in his presser. First, he said they have 5 starting WR. We knew he thinks of Morin and Williams as co-starters. He also included Banks and said play calls don’t depend on personnel so they’re just as likely to call a play when Banks is in for Perry and Green. That’s good.

Second, he said in 2019 that the WRs weren’t ready when Sage and Washington were injured. Those WRs were Perry and Green. He seemed to say both comments about getting Hensley ready if his time comes.

My guy Steve Claude and Waydale Jones were in the mix, too. These were Clawson's quotes about his wide receivers after the Clemson game, which was the week after VT.

"If our guys think they’re big-time players – like I think sometimes when you’re a 2 and a backup, you’re like, ‘I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.’ Well, (points to field), no you didn’t. You weren’t ready to play. You didn’t get open. When the ball was thrown to you and you were open, you didn’t catch the ball. That’s what big-time players do."

"They’ll learn from it and they’ll get better from it and they have to get better from it because we still have two more games against good football teams."

One of his harshest on-record comments I can remember. That season has really shaped the push for depth at the skill positions the last 3 years.

I don’t remember that quote but yeah, that’s harsh and the WR corps have responded.

IIRC, Greene played in the last 4 games, the first being against Clemson. He had a very good game at Syracuse but there is no question that he wasn’t ready to make tough contested catches or the physicality of college football during his freshman year. He was ready as a sophomore.

My guy Steve Claude and Waydale Jones were in the mix, too. These were Clawson's quotes about his wide receivers after the Clemson game, which was the week after VT.

"If our guys think they’re big-time players – like I think sometimes when you’re a 2 and a backup, you’re like, ‘I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.’ Well, (points to field), no you didn’t. You weren’t ready to play. You didn’t get open. When the ball was thrown to you and you were open, you didn’t catch the ball. That’s what big-time players do."

"They’ll learn from it and they’ll get better from it and they have to get better from it because we still have two more games against good football teams."

One of his harshest on-record comments I can remember. That season has really shaped the push for depth at the skill positions the last 3 years.

Harsh comments, but man, that was a long day

WF had 105 yards of offense that day with 6 completed passes, 2 INTs, and 9 punts

WF had 41 yards of passing. Clemson had 61 yards of punt returns

WF's leading rusher was Kendrell Flowers, who ran 9 times for 27 yards - the only rushing attempts of his WF career

It is not going to happen but voters should give Wake back all the votes that were taken away from them when Hartman was announced as being out. They dropped from a likely top 15 or so initial ranking to a barely ranked in the 20s one.

It is not going to happen but voters should give Wake back all the votes that were taken away from them when Hartman was announced as being out. They dropped from a likely top 15 or so initial ranking to a barely ranked in the 20s one.

Wake will get at least a small bump because 18 of 63 pollsters didn't even have Wake on their ballots.

Last year, there were six 1-1 teams in the Week 2 poll.

This year, there were two 0-1 teams in the Week 1 poll (ND, Utah). #6 A&M, #9 Baylor, #12 UF, #17 Pitt, #19 Wisc, #25 Houston lost. ND and Houston will drop out. Utah will stay in. It's not far-fetched that the other 1-1 teams will stay in.

Last edited:
Fuck Liberty, in particular, but all of those schools have an OOC schedule including an institution that
Some in-conference too. Just watched a lecture on C-Span about how slaves built UVA and, per Jefferson's instructions, wouldn't allow students to bring their own because the university provided the slaves to "care for them." Jefferson wanted the slaves kept hidden so the school appeared virtually slave-free (is that an oxymoron?). I wouldn't be surprised if slaves were involved in building a few more institutions as well.

Anything less than #15 this week is a joke. We were already under-ranked. There is no compelling argument for State or Miami ahead of us, either.

It’s been fascinating to watch Kentucky’s rise as a program concurrent with ours. They have a similarly hard road to a conference championship that we’ve traditionally had, and we seem to go after the same recruits and be ranked near one another often.

It’s been fascinating to watch Kentucky’s rise as a program concurrent with ours. They have a similarly hard road to a conference championship that we’ve traditionally had, and we seem to go after the same recruits and be ranked near one another often.
Big difference being that one has academic standards while the other does not. A family member went there who I’m not sure can spell his own name.

Back