• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (what a shitty end. fuck duke.)

Just got this ad. I guess we're a top program now?
7a465d6622423577e0ffb08b839d7e7c.jpg

Somehow we need to win and get these guys back in the mix as our secondary is key:

Carson (another 2 weeks?)
Nick Anderson - for depth at very least - (another 2-3 weeks?)
Brendan Harris - another 2, 3, 4 weeks?

No idea.

We played in the secondary v. CU:

Holmes
Wingfield
Mustapha
Slocum
Roberts
Martin
Garnes (at DB?)

247 thinks Wake will be ranked #16 in tomorrow's AP poll (Clemson #5, State #15).

#15 in the AP Poll. Clemson #5, State #14, Cuse #22.

FSU and UNC receiving votes.

Sets up nicely to be 7-1 after Army, bye, BC, and Louisville and in the top 10 for the first CFP rankings for the second season in a row.

Last year, there were 5 undefeated and 7 one-loss teams in the first CFP rankings.

Man oh man... #15 is good but we'd be top 10 at 5-0 and the hardest part of schedule already in the barn.

Let's just run the table!!

I’m convinced Wake Forest being great is bringing down the entire ACC and it’s absolute nonsense. Clemson doesn’t move up after wins over TWO ranked opponents? It’s all because they think we’re trash. We should be higher than 15, questionable that FSU should have dropped out and State above us is justified by what?

AP got rid of any team with two losses and included all 14 teams that are undefeated. I suspect the AP voters are adjusting their rankings in anticipation of the playoff committee rankings. There are 30 P5 teams with zero or one loss. Those are the only teams with a realistic chance of selection into the playoff.

The only undefeated G5 teams are Coastal Carolina and James Madison.

Last edited:
Back