• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Pit Fantasy Football League - Dynasty League Filled, Members Please See New Thread

Are we using this thread for questions about other leagues? IDK where to get advice on trades if not here. IF YOU GUYS WANT ME TO TAKE THESE QUESTIONS ELSEWHERE, JUST SAY SO AND I'LL GO TO DISCORD OR SOMETHING.

But this is a trade I just offered someone in a 10-team league

GIVING AWAY:
A. Ekeler (RB-LAC) [I also have D. Swift, S. Barkley, AJ Dillon, C. Edmonds]
K. Pitts (TE-ATL) [I also have A. Okwuegbunam]
G. Wilson (WR-NYJ) [This is the player they tried to trade Hunter Renfrow for, but then canceled it] [I have C. Sutton, D. London, G. Davis, C. Olave]

GETTING:
J. Jefferson (WR-MIN) [They have S. Diggs, M. Pittman Jr., H. Renfrow]
T. Higbee (TE-LAR) [Z. Ertz, I. Smith Jr]
T. Pollard (RB-DAL) [J. Conner, M. Sanders, T. Etienne Jr.]

I realize I'm taking one of their top 2 players (They also have Diggs), but I feel like Ekeler and Pitts could make up for that, even though they've been a little disappointing so far. I took their lowest rated RB and 2nd lowest rated TE (They also have Ertz and Irv Smith Jr.), so maybe I could drop it down to Irv Smith if Higbee is too big an ask.

They downgrade from J. Jefferson to G. Wilson, upgrade from T. Higbee to K. Pitts, and Upgrade from T. Pollard to A. Ekeler.

Fantasy pros gives me a 0.2% advantage and another site has me giving away a value of 156.6 and getting a value of 138.8, and says NO on the trade.

Wouldn’t accept. You got 3 clear #1 RBs, and not getting one back. You’re only getting one #1 but giving up 2 + a high mid #2.

It depends on what you think you need. If you are shallow at WR, I would do it. Two stud RBs already + Pollard can be a stopgap during bye weeks with big upside. Pitts could go off at some point but Atlanta is a train wreck and you can always play the stream game each week and see if you can find a good matchup.

I’m a big fan of getting the best player in trades and with JJ I think you are. But if you’re already set at WR and aren’t significantly improving a position group, then I think it’s a little bit of trading just to trade. One big red flag I look for is when someone offers anything more than a 2 for 2 trade. 4 for 4 screams “I want to do something big but am scared I’m giving up too much” from their side.

It depends on what you think you need. If you are shallow at WR, I would do it. Two stud RBs already + Pollard can be a stopgap during bye weeks with big upside. Pitts could go off at some point but Atlanta is a train wreck and you can always play the stream game each week and see if you can find a good matchup.

I’m a big fan of getting the best player in trades and with JJ I think you are. But if you’re already set at WR and aren’t significantly improving a position group, then I think it’s a little bit of trading just to trade. One big red flag I look for is when someone offers anything more than a 2 for 2 trade. 4 for 4 screams “I want to do something big but am scared I’m giving up too much” from their side.
QTA: I misread and thought you were offered this, not offering yourself. Similar analysis, just reversed.

Gooner, another great write-up!! Always fun to see these recaps. I am just hoping to stay under the radar. "Don't mess this up. Ghost!", is my mantra.

I applaud DEACHAWK for the gamesmanship of picking up Justin Herbert's backup Chase Daniels knowing that my backup has already played this week and Herbert is looking 50-50 to play or sit.

It's really hard to have success when your first round pick in a 20 team league doesn't pan out.

Who was your first round pick?

I applaud DEACHAWK for the gamesmanship of picking up Justin Herbert's backup Chase Daniels knowing that my backup has already played this week and Herbert is looking 50-50 to play or sit.

Herbert active and I’m trending to only scoring like 60-70 points. Good times

I've gotten 0 from Bateman and still projected to get 88.3. Maybe Goon will notice if I win this week.

I've gotten 0 from Bateman and still projected to get 88.3. Maybe Goon will notice if I win this week.
Keep asking for it and you’ll never feature once

Who was your first round pick?
#8 overall Justin Jefferson. Monster Week 1, but followed that up with a 7.8 and a 2.9 this week. None of my other picks are setting the world on fire, either, but I was hoping for consistent double digits from him, at least.

You'll be fine. It's tough to get week to week consistency from WRs. Jefferson is great.

I've got 49 points sitting on my bench this week (Jamaal Williams and Mack Hollins). I'm not nervous, but it's going to suck if my flex guys (Robinson and London) don't come through in the 4:00 games.

Glad I decided to keep Cooper on the bench after last week

Just need a 20 point swing between my D and Mrs. I/O's D in the late game. Still not out of the realm of possibilities, but I will probably need a TD as part of a 49ers blowout.

Recap likely out tomorrow. Preview of the recap: Ph does get mentioned.

WEEK 3: ARE WE WINNING OR WHINGING?

giphy.gif

Week 3 is in the books and as we look forward toward Week 4, things are already starting to shake out a bit in the standings. Fantasy football is always a bit of a crapshoot, you need quite a bit of luck to have decent results year by year, and the 2022 Pit League is proving that out. Three of the four 2021 division winners are a combined 1-8 to start the year, and only 2 of the 8 playoff teams from 2021 have a winning record in these early days. And all it took for SD3 to be back in contention was luckboxing the #1 overall pick. But the flipside to that coin means that new blood has entered the fray and perhaps some new entries into the Pit League Hall of Champions are on the cards in 2022. If the Kansas Jayhawks can start their football season 4-0, then why can't I make a playoff run for the first time in my Pit League career? Let's look at some stats and then some winners and losers from Week 3:

WEEK 3 STATS

1664381084963.png
1664381279997.png

WEEK 3 WINNERS & LOSERS

WINNERS

Ph:
Congrats, Ph. You won this week. You also have the least points scored against you on the year so don't get too big for your britches.

Lovable Losers: Just like my own Kansas Jayhawks are shocking the world with their blistering start to the season, some cellar dwellers of the Pit League have decided that enough is enough, that this year could be our year and why the hell not? Ghost, Mr. I/O, and myself, all with 5 wins last year and nary a playoff appearance between us the last two seasons, are now leading our divisions through three weeks. Is it a false dawn for us also-rans? Maybe. But we will enjoy it while we can and may the odds be ever in our favor. Special shoutout to Mr. I/O for starting 3-0 and already being over halfway to his total wins from 2021.

The Winds of Fortune: It was a fortuitous week for bern and Sleepy as scheduling quirks led them to matchups that "earned" wins despite bottom 5 scores for each of them. It may seem like Week 3 doesn't matter much in the long run with so much schedule still to play, but bern and Sleepy both moved to 2-1 and stay within touching distance of the division lead, where their opponents, Peach and Triple, respectively, are now at the bottom of their own division with a severe uphill climb to playoff contention. Sometimes stealing a win is the most important, just last season the final playoff spot was decided on tiebreaks, so getting wins where you can is critical. Congrats to bern and Sleepy this week for finding a W, may everyone be so lucky throughout the year.

LOSERS

YoungBuck
: 2023 may seem far off in the distance, but it will come.

2021 Playoff Teams: As mentioned in the opening paragraph, it's been a bit of a downer for 2021 playoff teams so far in 2022. Barca, Peach, and YB are anchoring the season scoring charts and only SD3 and Satan are in contention to get back into the playoffs this season. As mentioned, SD3 needed to luck into the #1 pick to jumpstart his season and Satan is literally Satan, who knows how many souls he bought to get his team to 2-1. There is still plenty of time to turn things around and with better scheduling and injury luck, one or more of our 2021 playoff teams could get back into things. But the rollercoaster of fantasy football has hit a valley for many with previous success, the climb is all that's left.

My Health: I was on vacation this past weekend and caught a nasty bug while there, so I didn't get to monitor the scores as much as I normally do, making this recap rather weak overall. I'm still trying to turn the corner and hopefully will be feeling better by next week, I'll try to get a good recap together in Week 4. Apologies to all.

I'm going go to go get in bed, here are the matchups that will mean something in Week 4:

Satan's Minions (2-1) vs. Mr. I/O (3-0)
Ph (2-1) vs. Mrs. I/O (2-1)
bern (2-1) vs. Sleepy (2-1)
YoungBuck (0-3) vs. DeaconPeach (0-3)

Best of luck to all, I'll do better next week!

Back