• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Right. And when they seed Clemson and Florida (and maybe even UVA) and then move to a discussion of Wake, they'll at least recognize that we beat those teams.

While I'm on the subject of UVA, someone please explain why they are seen as a tournament team while we're on the bubble. The NCAA created the NET, right? It's their tool. UVA is 52 and Wake is 36. The Committee considers Kenpom too. UVA is 68 and Wake is 23. UVA had a better ACC record, but we lost a close game in Charlottesville and blew them out in WS. Plus, UVA played Duke and UNC once and lost both games, while we actually beat one of the top 2 teams in the conference. How can the metrics be used to justify bids to some programs while selectively ignored to put UVA in over Wake?
Because, as always, God hates Wake Forest

Cormac Ryan is turning 26 in October. Like alright bro time to get the hell out of college and get that accounting career underway.

Right. And when they seed Clemson and Florida (and maybe even UVA) and then move to a discussion of Wake, they'll at least recognize that we beat those teams.

While I'm on the subject of UVA, someone please explain why they are seen as a tournament team while we're on the bubble. The NCAA created the NET, right? It's their tool. UVA is 52 and Wake is 36. The Committee considers Kenpom too. UVA is 68 and Wake is 23. UVA had a better ACC record, but we lost a close game in Charlottesville and blew them out in WS. Plus, UVA played Duke and UNC once and lost both games, while we actually beat one of the top 2 teams in the conference. How can the metrics be used to justify bids to some programs while selectively ignored to put UVA in over Wake?
UVA is out if they lose to BC today. We are huge BC fans - 5 spots away from a Q1 win for us too.

If I tried to steelman it...
  • Two more conference wins
  • No Q3/Q4 losses, WF has one
  • One more Q1 win (this could change today)
  • Better Q1/Q2 winning % (9-9 vs. 9-11)

They lose on any kind of metric comparison, and it's not really close.

If they lose to BC, and we beat Pitt, I don't see how they can go in over us. Doesn't mean we definitely get in, but if they do then I don't know what to think.

I think so, but FSU feels like a terrible matchup for us due to strength, length, and athleticism. Obviously we are more likely to beat FSU than UNC, but we'd have more to gain with a game against UNC.

But I guess the goal after a win over Pitt today would be to win the ACC Tourney and remove all doubt... so the "easiest" road works just fine.

How Bacot doesn’t have 3 fouls before the 10 min mark of the 1st half of every game is beyond me? The dude either hooks or does a full extension 2 handed push on every play.

If Sparty lose another game today, can they please take their asses out of the tournament? They actually suck.

Much like the metrics, the big 12 once again only belongs because of comparisons to each other internally. Weird ass mascots.

FSU in the bonus and unc has 1 foul. It's gonna be hella weird when unc is working for fox or espn in one of their conferences and not getting this kind of advantage.

Bacot travels or sets illegal screens every possession and it’s never called

Back