• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

It could be as simple as getting on the phone with Greensboro Coliseum and ESPN, getting some dates, and finding some MWC teams who want to get two or three games against ACC teams. Could be a Thursday through Sunday event with four ACC likely bubble or less teams like Wake, State, Clemson, and Tech or something like that playing four MWC teams.
That would be awesome. And then the following year, do something similar in Vegas or Salt Lake City

Yeah. I think the MWC tourney is in Vegas for the foreseeable future. I'd go 2 for 1 though since holding it in Greensboro (or Charlotte if they're hosting the ACCT) could bring in more fans within driving distance.

These are just simple ideas from rando fans. You'd think the Jim Phillips braintrust could come up with something too. The ACC is big enough to hold a few of these in Brooklyn, DC, ask the Warriors to borrow the Chase Center so Cal and Stanford can do one.

I think Wake needed 5 more wins after the Duke game. They got two. I think they needed ND, GT, and VT or Pitt.
Tough to say, because the math changes with each additional win. One more of those three, and Wake would have been the 4 instead of the 5, and then wouldn't have the second round game in the ACCs. Win all three and Wake could have been the 3, and that really changes the situation. I personally think the GT win and making the semis would have been just enough, but who knows.

Tough to say, because the math changes with each additional win. One more of those three, and Wake would have been the 4 instead of the 5, and then wouldn't have the second round game in the ACCs. Win all three and Wake could have been the 3, and that really changes the situation. I personally think the GT win and making the semis would have been just enough, but who knows.

Yeah, the math would be different with more wins. UVa was the #3 at 13-7 and considered to be easily in, lost in the quarters and barely made it. If Wake won the GT and ND games to get 13-7, I think they still needed to win in quarters to get where UVa got meaning they needed to beat UNC to be firmly in the field.

Two things can be true.

1) If you're in the NIT, you're a loser.
2) If you turn down the NIT, you're a sore loser.

Honestly, it will be kind of nice to see Wake pop up on a bracket.

BC at #3 Providence. Sorry awakegirl.

#1 seed in the Bottom Left Bracket vs. App against the winner of #4 UGA vs Xavier.

Potential rematch against Georgia in round 2. Biff gets to root against us again

I'm glad that the last time we played them, we barely won on a buzzer beater. Less chance of taking them lightly (as though this team should ever do that).

App was insanely loud in our building last year. It was embarrassing. Hope deacon nation comes and supports this team

Back