• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

When you’ve won a natty and still going to tourney you get some passes vs the ongoing fiascos we witness.
Valvano (RIP) had one good run and it paid dividends for the rest of his career

The ACC tournament in D.C. was a shocking success. Every bit the attendance as in Greensboro. Strong ticket. Great atmosphere. Maybe it's the sports book and liquor that keeps bringing them out.

Way more Cuse and Pitt fans than I ever would have imagined. Not saying we should go back but wow, I was dead wrong to think that would be a trash ticket and atmosphere. It was far better.

Vermont beats U Mass-Lowell for the America East auto and only bid. Chill was on the broadcast team.

Delaware State and Howard for the MEAC Championship. How much of a NET bump does Wake get if Delaware State wins?

UNC by 20 tonight.
Agree— easy bet with a 10.5 line, and Hubert will have them motivated. Roy would have lost this game— he was vocal in his early years at UNC about only caring about the regular season title and the NCAA tournament— his Kansas teams cut down the nets after a regular season title. After Coach K kept winning ACC tournamts, Roy had to temper his public talk about his dislike for the tourney.

The ACC tournament in D.C. was a shocking success. Every bit the attendance as in Greensboro. Strong ticket. Great atmosphere. Maybe it's the sports book and liquor that keeps bringing them out.

Way more Cuse and Pitt fans than I ever would have imagined. Not saying we should go back but wow, I was dead wrong to think that would be a trash ticket and atmosphere. It was far better.
It’s my favorite major city and centrally located for the league. I wouldn’t mind playing every third tournament there.

It’s my favorite major city and centrally located for the league. I wouldn’t mind playing every third tournament there.
DC is an easy relatively cheap flight for all of the league, especially compared to Greensboro and Charlotte. Plus it's easy to get downtown from the Metro.

Ryan Odom playing to take his 3rd different team to the dance tomorrow.

Quite the resume he's built.

Agree— easy bet with a 10.5 line, and Hubert will have them motivated. Roy would have lost this game— he was vocal in his early years at UNC about only caring about the regular season title and the NCAA tournament— his Kansas teams cut down the nets after a regular season title. After Coach K kept winning ACC tournamts, Roy had to temper his public talk about his dislike for the tourney.
Roy always had them ready to play NC State.

Back