• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

If we’re honest, we’d take Burns at Wake in a heartbeat.
If he was awful I wouldn’t feel strongly about him. He’s a decent player. Burns makes that team go though, kid is a scorer who could easily lead them to a few more big wins.

If he was awful I wouldn’t feel strongly about him. He’s a decent player. Burns makes that team go though, kid is a scorer who could easily lead them to a few more big wins.
And his passing is next level.. he's got phenomenal touch

And his passing is next level.. he's got phenomenal touch
Forbes made this point during one of his shows. It’s almost more interesting to watch him when he comes out to the top of the key and starts distributing rather than when he’s banging down low. I’m a fan. Wish we had a player like him.

UNC's players said that winning the ACC tourney this year was a major goal for them, and yet they still lost to freaking NC State. I believe that Bacot has spent 5 years at UNC and not once won an ACC tourney title. With any luck this loss will prove so devastating that UNC will shit the bed next week and bow out of the tourney on the first weekend.

Forbes made this point during one of his shows. It’s almost more interesting to watch him when he comes out to the top of the key and starts distributing rather than when he’s banging down low. I’m a fan. Wish we had a player like him.
Yeah people hating on Burns are ridiculous. Dude is a player. I get it, he was fat and it looked funny. But he is really skilled and and has fantastic offensive instincts.

Can you imagine the coverage if Duke was in an earthquake. The national media lost their shit in a court storming. It would be insufferable.

Maybe because my first year rooting for Wake (like a bunch of people on this board) was ‘99 and I have never seen us sniff a championship game, I’m totally able to disassociate my Wake fandom from the tournament and think this was incredible. It’s what makes this time of year so special.

Just finished watching the game, my main impression is Diarra's arms are long and enabled many plays. Didn't really see that against us; and we contained Burns fairly well too, both games, but he abused everyone this week.

If it was random, Wake would have more success.
Agree with this. Have always felt that Wake doesn't put the same value on ACC tourney performance as the other Big Four schools. Even State has had some deep tourney runs in years when they didn't win it. And of course there's our long and proud tradition of late-season swoons which means we're never playing well when the tourney rolls around.

Yeah people hating on Burns are ridiculous. Dude is a player. I get it, he was fat and it looked funny. But he is really skilled and and has fantastic offensive instincts.
Burns isn't so bad people just hated him after we couldn't stop him last year now Horne and the way he acted towards us almost coming here. He is pos

Back