• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

with NC State causing so much havoc in the ACC rankings and on the bubble, is it possible that the ACC only gets 3 bids?

with NC State causing so much havoc in the ACC rankings and on the bubble, is it possible that the ACC only gets 3 bids?
I mean, clemson doesn't seem to be close to the bubble.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Not only are we not in, our NIT seeding is looking bleaker and bleaker. Fun times! I don't know why I care any more.

1. Guaranteed Teams: The NIT will guarantee two teams from each of the following six conferences: Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, and Southeastern. These teams will be selected based on the NET rankings, regardless of their win-loss record.
  2. Host Opportunity: The 12 teams automatically selected will have the opportunity to host a game in the first round of the NIT.

So unless Clemson doesn't make the tournament, we are guaranteed a hosting spot.

The idea that a team with a low 40s Net and a KP in the 30s would be a 5 seed? LOL.

I would be surprised if we weren't a 2 seed.

Wake will end uo
  1. Guaranteed Teams: The NIT will guarantee two teams from each of the following six conferences: Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, and Southeastern. These teams will be selected based on the NET rankings, regardless of their win-loss record.
  2. Host Opportunity: The 12 teams automatically selected will have the opportunity to host a game in the first round of the NIT.

So unless Clemson doesn't make the tournament, we are guaranteed a hosting spot.

The idea that a team with a low 40s Net and a KP in the 30s would be a 5 seed? LOL.

I would be surprised if we weren't a 2 seed.
by these guidelines, Virginia is going to end up down the NIT list.

Michigan State has a resume almost identical to ours and people are saying they are safely in and we are not even on the bubble?

1710693360930.png

1710693267626.png

Michigan State has a resume almost identical to ours and people are saying they are safely in and we are not even on the bubble?

View attachment 8604

View attachment 8603
There doesn’t seem to be anything consistent right now about the selection process besides certain conferences being preferred and certain conferences being penalized. I mean we knew that was happening before the season started, but that doesn’t change how shitty it feels.

I did research on recent ACC tournament bids a few months ago and posted that Wake would need to win 14 ACC games to be safely in the tournament, and I think that’s exactly how it’s going to play out - the only ACC teams safely in are ones who won 17 and 15 conference games, while the teams who won 13 & 12 are trending out. Had we won 13 with a strong tournament showing I think we definitely would be in, but obviously we fell short of that.

View attachment 8604

View attachment 8603
WF SOS: 73
MSU SOS: 14

The reason they're a lock and we aren't is we have, like you say, nearly identical records while according to the metrics michigan state have played a significantly harder schedule than we have.

I did research on recent ACC tournament bids a few months ago and posted that Wake would need to win 14 ACC games to be safely in the tournament, and I think that’s exactly how it’s going to play out - the only ACC teams safely in are ones who won 17 and 15 conference games, while the teams who won 13 & 12 are trending out. Had we won 13 with a strong tournament showing I think we definitely would be in, but obviously we fell short of that.
Clemson is “safely” in and they won 11 ACC games.

WF SOS: 73
MSU SOS: 14

The reason they're a lock and we aren't is we have, like you say, nearly identical records while according to the metrics michigan state have played a significantly harder schedule than we have.
I mean, I'm referring about nearly identical record quad comparisons, which should equalize the strength of schedule. And that wouldn't justify one team being safely in and another team not even being on the bubble

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Back