• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

ESPNU @ 9:30 is the NIT selection show. A chance Wake plays as soon as Tuesday.

After the Duke game it felt like we were a shoe in as long as we didn’t fuck it up. And well, we did. I really can’t believe how bad we were down the stretch. The selection show will be painful today.
Yup

With all of these garbage MWC teams getting in along with terrible teams winning their conference tourneys, this may be a really shitty NCAA tournament this year.

With all of these garbage MWC teams getting in along with terrible teams winning their conference tourneys, this may be a really shitty NCAA tournament this year.
@KennyRogersRoast reminds me of those teams where I notice a score or two early in the season and start following them to see if they might turn into something- almost always a Mountain West team. I hope no one discovers them so I can pick them to the Sweet 16 and no one else has them past the first round and I end up feeling like a genius. Good with a story or a one-liner, he's that QUAD2/3 poster who is low volume- high efficiency. He's New Mexico.

1. Guaranteed Teams: The NIT will guarantee two teams from each of the following six conferences: Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, and Southeastern. These teams will be selected based on the NET rankings, regardless of their win-loss record.
  2. Host Opportunity: The 12 teams automatically selected will have the opportunity to host a game in the first round of the NIT.

So unless Clemson doesn't make the tournament, we are guaranteed a hosting spot.

The idea that a team with a low 40s Net and a KP in the 30s would be a 5 seed? LOL.

I would be surprised if we weren't a 2 seed.
Why go to the trouble to have all these elaborate selection criteria for the NIT? Does anybody really give a shit whether they're the first or last team in? Just pick a few teams that have nothing better to do and/or need some gate receipts and have them play and phone in the results afterward.

So UConn got the Big 10, Big 12 and SEC champs in their bracket? And two other teams from last year’s final 4? Woof I’d be pissed

Back