• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

I actually think this is important. This is going to be the long lasting impact from Buzz/Manning years until the narrative shifts

We could change the narrative, but right now we’re a small P5 school that was embarrassingly bad for years and now often still can’t win when it matters. Understandably, nobody cares.

There’s too much competition; you have to kick the doors down and make yourself relevant again.

Forbes’ & Currie’s COVID video shtick of throwing down the mask and screaming into the camera at Deacon Nation was the signal for all of us that we finally had a couple of door kickers.

But now what I see is a guy who kept his arms folded, while his teams folded.

Sucks we didn’t make it, but hopefully this years selection Sunday will kill the Kenny Pom season long analytics watch forever. You gotta win the damn games, not have the most efficient metrics.

Sucks we didn’t make it, but hopefully this years selection Sunday will kill the Kenny Pom season long analytics watch forever. You gotta win the damn games, not have the most efficient metrics.
So you want fans of a team not to act like fans of a team?

Part of what matters is if you’re a coach and an institution that are generally respected. We’ve done nothing to earn any respect or benefit of the doubt.
It was the court storming and subsequent lack of ownership by the fanbase that really cost us a bid.

I still don’t get Pitt not getting in and how Clemson got in, and not us, based on head to head and also conf record
I think there is actuality a statement from the committee of some sort that conference record/conference standing is irrelevant to their decision

So why did the ncaa create the net?

Virginia has the worst metrics in the field (non automatic) and it's not even close.
UVA lost 9 games by the following double digits: 24, 23, 22, 16, 19, 11, 34, 10, and 25. I was not a math major but how in the hades are there any metrics that can offset these massive negative losses?

We could change the narrative, but right now we’re a small P5 school that was embarrassingly bad for years and now often still can’t win when it matters. Understandably, nobody cares.

There’s too much competition; you have to kick the doors down and make yourself relevant again.

Forbes’ & Currie’s COVID video shtick of throwing down the mask and screaming into the camera at Deacon Nation was the signal for all of us that we finally had a couple of door kickers.

But now what I see is a guy who kept his arms folded, while his teams folded.
That was a shtick alright.

Road wins matter.

I also hope that all the analytics hand wringing stops, because the committee showed that NET and quads are a tool, but not the only tool.

Back