• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 NCAA Women's Basketball Thread

The Aces picked Dyiasha Fair as well. Her and Kitley are the two best players in the ACC over the last two years.

was trying to read up a bit on some of the WNBA prospects and I guess there was already some concern regarding her game translating to the WNBA, made worse, of course, by the injury

but Aces are so loaded right now that they can afford to use their limited roster spots on a boom-bust long-term project

I didn't realize until last night that each team only has 12 roster spots, so at 12 teams the competition for the spots is pretty heavy

Yeah. First round picks aren’t guaranteed to make a roster. 2nd and 3rd round picks probably won’t.

not sure how player-team rights work as it seems there are many instances of players sitting out a season to play internationally or have a baby or whatnot

perhaps kitley can stick with LV without having to count against their roster for her recovery season -- not sure

Ask Dearica Hamby how that works out with the Aces.

Monday’s draft, featuring Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese, Cameron Brink and a ton of other star college basketball players, averaged a record 2.446 million viewers, a head-spinning 307 percent increase in viewership over last year.

The previous all-time viewership for a WNBA Draft came in 2004 for Diana Taurasi’s draft year. That drew 601,000 viewers. Last year averaged 572,000 viewers on ESPN, which was up 42 percent over 2022 and the most-watched WNBA Draft since 2004.

By comparison, the 2023 NBA Draft was the most watched ever at 4.9 million viewers, but this year's WNBA Draft outdrew the 2020 and 2021 NBA Draft.

I hope the WNBA is ready to capitalize on this success. Golden State is already slated to get an expansion team. Philadelphia, Toronto, Portland, Nashville and South Florida are being considered for the other three spots.

They started at Fresno State in 2019. I guess they need college basketball for their brand more than they thought.

I saw a tweet that pointed out Kobe's daughter GiGi Bryant would have turned 18 in a few weeks and probably would have been a star freshman in college hoops next year.

If you consider Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese as comparable to the Magic and Bird figures that elevated the profile of the NBA, Gigi could have been the Jordan to take the WNBA to new heights.

Back