• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 NCAA Women's Basketball Thread

p crazy that Caitlin Clark has a pretty easy-to-spell name and I’ve seen it wrong so many times around the internet

Gamecocks really did a great job on Clark the last 3 quarters and the Gamecock bench was just phenomenal. What a season for them.

p crazy that Caitlin Clark has a pretty easy-to-spell name and I’ve seen it wrong so many times around the internet

Maybe they don’t know which one of the dozen spellings of that name Clark uses.

Dawn might be but she’s gonna have to out in more work to catch Geno
Dawn is 53 and she needs 8 'ships to catch up to Geno. Tough but possible. A lot depends on how UConn and Stanford do after Geno and VanDerveer retire. There's much more talent than there was during the UConn run but NIL and the portal work in SC's favor.

is the expectation that Dawn is a South Carolina lover? would should go to UConn?

no idea what the difference in financial opportunities are for women’s hops

She's a Philly girl who left Temple. Who knows where she'd go? I'm sure UVa has tried to get her to come back there. In the current landscape, I imagine she could go to any major conference and raid the portal to build an immediate contender just like Mulkey did after leaving Baylor for LSU.

Dawn is 53 and she needs 8 'ships to catch up to Geno. Tough but possible. A lot depends on how UConn and Stanford do after Geno and VanDerveer retire. There's much more talent than there was during the UConn run but NIL and the portal work in SC's favor.
In the same way that Geno’s career isn’t a pure parallel to Sunmit, Staley’s definitely got a much more competitive landscape today.

Love Staley but hard to see how she gets 8 more nattys. Makes what geno did all the more impressive alrhough it was a totally different landscape when he was in his prime. I know Staley loves USC but she is still young enough to go somewhere else and try to do it again. Probably UVA? But she has a great thing going, great fan support and a big huge SEC budget for salaries. I would think she stays and just goes for as many titles as she can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Difference was the offensive glass. Way too many 2nd chance points. Happy for Staley and enjoyed her post-game remarks and shout out to Clark.

Well VanDerveer announced her retirement and her replacement, associate HC Kate Paye.

Last edited:
Back