• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

He’s a 6-0 combo guard from what I’ve seen.

5 of Wake’s 7 losses come from opponents ranked 70 or worse on KenPom.
NC is the only team that they’ve played that is currently ranked higher than them.
Even without Reid, the early losses to both LSU & UGa just hurt. Keeps you from jump starting the early cred a new chart climber like Wake needs. Take a look at SC who is sitting at 19-3 with an early win over Grand Canyon but a loss to Clemson. They have just had b-to-b wins over KY & @UT but have only climbed to 43 in KP. UVa is another one hard to figure with their recent 6 game streak after getting dumped by us. They are 17-5, second in our standings but only 57 in KP?

I agree, but I’m not convinced he has the range for the NBA. He has a lot of mid range to his game, which doesn’t really play in the modern NBA…unless you’re DeMar DeRozan
Plus just like Alondes & Tyree, getting old by NBA standards to get drafted. They tend to like guys under 20 vs around 24-25.

Hunter is actually still only 20. He turns 21 at season’s end.

Even without Reid, the early losses to both LSU & UGa just hurt. Keeps you from jump starting the early cred a new chart climber like Wake needs. Take a look at SC who is sitting at 19-3 with an early win over Grand Canyon but a loss to Clemson. They have just had b-to-b wins over KY & @UT but have only climbed to 43 in KP. UVa is another one hard to figure with their recent 6 game streak after getting dumped by us. They are 17-5, second in our standings but only 57 in KP?
For all the bitching during the season about metrics, Wake actually seem like metrics darlings at the moment.

I agree, but I’m not convinced he has the range for the NBA. He has a lot of mid range to his game, which doesn’t really play in the modern NBA…unless you’re DeMar DeRozan

You can develop NBA range but there are so few 3 level scorers with nba size and athleticism. Quickly and Maxey are two guys who were less far along then than Sallis is now

Does Davis really not have an NBA Future?
He doesn’t fit the prototype, but I’m starting to get some Jalen Brunson IT factor vibes there. Similar shooting numbers as well but not quite the passer/playmaker Brunson was and not quite the finisher going to the rim - and those may define the difference in success between the two.

He doesn’t fit the prototype, but I’m starting to get some Jalen Brunson IT factor vibes there. Similar shooting numbers as well but not quite the passer/playmaker Brunson was and not quite the finisher going to the rim - and those may define the difference in success between the two.

His first step gives him one major advantage over college competition but he’s gonna be a lot less exceptional athletically in the NBA. I’m not sure he’s all that explosive vertically either?

Does that mean someone won’t draft him in the late 2nd based on his intangibles? No, but he’s nowhere near the prospect that a guy like Sallis is, even though he ate Sallis’s lunch h2h.

Last edited:
His first step gives him one major advantage over college competition but he’s gonna be a lot less exceptional athletically in the NBA. I’m not sure he’s all that explosive vertically but either?

Does that mean someone won’t draft him in the late 2nd based on his intangibles? No, but he’s nowhere near the prospect that a guy like Sallis is, even though he ate Sallis’s lunch h2h.
I agree with that. Sallis does fit the prototype. I was more just trying to find a path IF Davis has one, and thought a former NPOY as a junior undersized PG who led a loaded team to a Natty - only to get drafted in the 2nd round - was a decent comp.

I agree with that. Sallis does fit the prototype. I was more just trying to find a path IF Davis has one, and thought a former NPOY as a junior undersized PG who led a loaded team to a Natty - only to get drafted in the 2nd round - was a decent comp.

Most little guys these days tend to be good defenders, too. I’m thinking of Brunson, Davion Mitchell, Jose Alvarado, etc. It’s wild how undervalued these guys are, though. It’s hard to be a little guy in a league of Shais, Tyreses, etc.

For anyone curious - these NIL jerseys are listed as ”Coming Soon” on the bookstore site. I called to ask about them and the person said they are listed that way because they are basically screen printed on demand when you order them. The person who does the screen printing comes in once or twice a week to do batches working from blank jerseys. I ordered it on 1/22 and it was shipped on 1/27.

Here are all the jerseys:

For anyone curious - these NIL jerseys are listed as ”Coming Soon” on the bookstore site. I called to ask about them and the person said they are listed that way because they are basically screen printed on demand when you order them. The person who does the screen printing comes in once or twice a week to do batches working from blank jerseys. I ordered it on 1/22 and it was shipped on 1/27.

Here are all the jerseys:

Thought i saw all for sale at the game last night but didn’t look too close.

Thought i saw all for sale at the game last night but didn’t look too close.
I didn’t see any last time I went but I wasn’t looking too closely. When I called he said he had a #30 already printed up but it wasn’t my size. Not sure if it was a canceled order or if they have a couple of them in different sizes printed up to sell at games. Either way just wanted everyone to know it’ll still ship to you soon even though the website is a little misleading.

Last edited:
I didn’t see any last time I went but I wasn’t looking too closely. When I called he said he had a #30 already printed up but it wasn’t my size. Not sure if it was a canceled order or if they have a couple of them in different sizes printed up to sell at games. Either way just wanted everyone to know it’ll still ship to you soon even though the website is a little misleading.
I saw a couple of Monsanto jerseys at the campus Deacon Shop today.

Back